Fishing Report ANYONE KNOW THIS GUY?

fishstalker

Light Blue Robalo 22/23' off Normandale today about 830am.

Fishing by himself...perch have been HOT there lately.

He was in a hurry to bring in the the 4 poles he had out...by himself!

Greedy BASTARD.

Gives us good fisherman a bad name!

He's lucky I didn't video it with his boat number and send to MNR!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be a lot of that bs going on out there, good thing the mnr has been showing there presence this summer. Those pricks will eventually get caught!

Interesting perspective, as long as he doesn't break this law, it's ok to break that law.

Who cares why don't u mind your own business ? does he come up take pictures of your license plate and u driving without a seat belt on ? As long as he isn't abusing his daily limit or possession limit leave the tickets up to the mnr. Nobody likes rats.

Ok, so let me get this straight. Even though it is clearly written in the regulations that in the open waters while fishing from a boat in Zone 19 (Lake Erie) where this man was fishing, you are permitted to use up to 2 rods per person with up to 4 hooks maximum per line.....you think it's OK for this person who was seen by another member clearly in violation of that regulation to use 4 rods. Does that then also mean that even though the regulations also clearly give the maximum daily and possession limits, that since this guy, per your "mind your own business" statement therefore should be permitted to take well over those limits because it's nobody else's business and if he doesn't get caught, "hey good for him"

Your statement implies that so long as one isn't caught, it is OK to break the law..........IT ISN'T......... It may be that YOU don't find this to be unacceptable, but many on this forum DO. These rules and regs, whether we agree with them or not are there for a reason. Whether he abuses the daily catch or possession limit is irrelevant, this person was fishing illegally, and therefore EVERYTHING he caught is considered to be an illegal catch. Both what he was doing, and your attitude about it is a blatant showing of disrespect for the resource.

The type of Fishing we do is a sport... the rules of the sport fishing is laid out in the regs. If we as sport fishermen do not follow the rules of the sport then you may as well sell your boat, sell all the equipment and buy the fish from the commercial guy. that fish is far cheaper than the fish you go after with your poles. If you cannot follow the rules of the sport then IMO... fine them to the hilt, take the boat/trailer/truck... auction it off at the end of the year.

For those who don't have boats and fish primarily from the shoreline of a river, or from a pier like myself, the option of using 2 rods isn't legally there. It is illegal to use 2 rods off the pier in Pt. Bruce even though those of us who go sit on that pier are fishing in zone 19. It is a privilege to be able to use 2 per person when out in the boats, and it's a privilege that others fishing the same body of water do not share, simply because they don't have the means to buy a boat, or pay a charter, and the privilege shouldn't be abused.

I have personally seen people using 2 lines off the pier who were told it was illegal but didn't care and like the person I quoted earlier say, "mind your own business," frantically trying to get their second line out of the water and the bait off the hook when the CO shows up, only to have him tell them "too late, I saw you" and give them a ticket, and take anything they've caught.

Editor: I removed the photo of the boat in question. Posts like this can get me into trouble. This forum is not the place to accuse or convict someone of an offence.

Well I am surprised to hear that...Stomp....

Editor: I removed the photo of the boat in question. Posts like this can get me into trouble. This forum is not the place to accuse or convict someone of an offence.
That is the right thing to do, witch hunts usually do not end well.
And besides my pitchfork and tiki torch stock is getting low...

Sorry Stomp, Im a longtime member of 6-8. Long in the tooth.... Just pissed me off!

One thing I do know is that if you have time to tend 4 rods by yourself you either have no bait on three of them or you're not on the perch.....

If you're on them and the action is fast and furious, even 2 rods might be hard to handle by yourself, especially if you hook into something that isn't a perch and has some size and fight to it.

Legal or not, it takes a real special breed of shit fer brains to think they can handle 4 rods by them self.

Fish.jpg
Any "professional" idiot knows, you need to fish 4 rods worth of tackle on one line!!!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks