Off Topic Anyone here a plumber?

rmsteve

As the title says I need a plumber in the Burlington area as I have a leak in the wall from the bathtub faucet I believe. Not looking for a freebie just an honest job and maybe a cash deal.

Send me a pm or answer hear if you can help me out. Thanks

I'm unable to help, doctor's orders, but I would suggest that you pull the cover off the wall behind the handle and check to see if it is the cartridge that is leaking. They are relatively easy to swap out.
Post a picture of the leak and more advice can be given.
P.S. HTHM is short for Hometown Handyman. I'm no longer in business

Thanks for the replies guys and sorry to take so long to get back to you. I did replace the cartridge but no luck. The leak is in the wall behind the tiles and coming out the other side of the bathroom on the carpet. It leaks when you run the water so maybe the valve or a fine crack like Chris suggested. Either way I'm in over my head so calling a plumber. I believe the drywall will have to be cut to see whats going on. Thanks again.

Hi rmsteve .What faucet brand is it .did you buy it new ..i am asking because i work for a faucet mfging and you might be able to get everything covered

sorry for the delay but call the delta number ..we have a life time garentee on our product ..just go on a Delta Faucet site and find the one eight hundred number and give them a call...you might be covered for all your damages

Everyone is talking like it's the faucet.

It could very well be the pipe/solder. I've had both pinholes and solder failures due to house age(40+)/poor initial soldering.

Everything that needed a repair or could be reached in this home is now Pex.

Edit: Even the supply line from the city valve has been changed to a form of Pex after it failed on my side of the responsibility line. 🌻

Last edited:
Follow up:

If you have access to the wall surface where the carpet is getting wet, cut an inspection hole.

If it gives you access to the leak, easy fix, if not, drywall repair is simple. 🌻

I'm not a plumber but I've spent a good deal of my life laying pipe, if you kn ow what I mean!!

And by that I mean once a year on my birthday.
Well, leap year.

I own an older house with updates..
I just finished inspecting my 12 year old bathroom hot water cold water supply to shower to bathtub,/coldwater toilet /hot water cold water bathroom sink, and 12 year old kitchen hot water to tap on sink and the coldwater to tap on sink.
I hired 2 guys I personally know to work on my house to my instructions..they installed new Copper solder to exsisting copper/solder..almost all the plumbing is accessible to repair & replace..
..I am not sure about repair and then replace with PEX..I don't think I need to worry about it..I got good locations with shut offs and fix it.. if its not broke don't fix it..
I turn off water supply when i leave and forget about it..

I would think copper plumbing today is more expensive then PEX. colour code white

The copper commodity would be..

todays prices for construction materials I would believe are through the roof..

I am hearing good help is hard to find..it is so..

Last edited:
I own/operate a plumbing and heatung conpany with my dad and brother. Pex is the way to go. Crimp rings instead of an open flame in someones house is second to none

for my upstairs plumbing both kitchen and bathroom redone with steel flex hoses connecting draincocks /compression fittings.. made to last..
I believe copper will outlast PEX durability ...PEX is not intended water supply...
PEX is plastic and alot cheaper..not better

On the flipside alot of our homes have PVC drain pipes and fittings connected with glue..

PVC is some type of plastic..for liquid waste water going out

Last edited:
I have all the tools for both, I prefer working with Pex.

Pex, life expectancy, 50-100 yrs.

I'll be dead, so no big deal to me. 🌻

When renovating my daughters house I used copper. Mice eat plastic coating on wires. Copper hard on the little suckers teeth

In your house youd have black pipe. ABS. Pvc is for drainage..ei condensate from furmace. Weeping bed. Venting a water tank.

If you have ABS pipes for exhaust/intake on your furnace. Thats a good sign to put money away cause shes getting old

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks