Anyone heard of this??

can't miss

Saw this on one of those ever informative, hardly a commercial, fishing show's yesterday. Would have rather been fishing, but lake reports were a little lumpy for my old ass.
When targeting schooling fish, drop down a large clear glass jar on a thin rope. Poke holes in the lid and throw in a handful of live minnows and sink, like a bait decoy. Claims to hold schooling fish, and trigger's aggressive bite? Kinda made sense so I checked Goggle, apparently not a new idea, pages of info, most claim it works, but so goes the internet?
Anyone heard of this, is it legal?

Yes have heard of it. Never tried it though. The theory of it seems to be sound, kinda like baiting deer and bear I guess. Not sure if it is legal or not though'

Yeah ice fishing would be ideal to try that be fun to watch how the fish react on my under water camera as well

I do this all the time ice fishing in the inner bay. The perch will actually hit the jar trying to get the minnows. It does keep them under your hut a little longer.

Old guys on L. Simcoe use to make fish decoys and lowered them down ice fishing holes to keep fish around.

This is a great idea and I can't wait to try it after my right rotator cuff gets fixed. Just had my left shoulder rotator cuff operated on in late April, caused from deep sea fishing. Some people never learn .....can't wait to get back out there!

Was shown this on lake simcoe ice fishing for whitefish. Worked well for us that day

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks