Any shots been fired yet?

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I’ve sat a few evenings
Saw bunch of fawns but holding out for a slightly bigger deer
Had a big doe same night keep her distance she knew I was there and eventually buggered off
Tonight I saw a few deer but only the tail ends lol

Holy mosquitoes feel as tho I was at a big disadvantage as I couldn’t keep my hands down away from my face or be eaten alive starting with the eyeballs

I don't bow hunt but still haven't seen any deer anywhere. Tracks ....yes ! What made them... dunno. As for bugs ? Mosquitoes so bad I get chewed walking out to the truck ! Mowed the lawn the other day and every kind of bug that would bite you was out ! Flies, skeeters, Lady Bugs and those tiny little bastards ! At least I could swear out loud and flail my arms about. LoL ! Another week of temps in the low 20's with Monday hitting 25 degrees C....wtf ? I think we may get a week or two of Fall and then Mother Nature is going to drop a Winter bomb on us in early November.

I took a nice doe with my bow opening morning. Saw 13 that morning but all does and yearlings. Been out twice since and let a few anterless go by. No serious bone yet but its on the cameras. I know people are gonna ask so someone might have to give me a quick tutorial on how to post pictures as my wife put up my profile pic.

Now before the keyboard critics question my shot placement.... it was walking away and the arrow exited the far shoulder.

Hopefully that one is on here next!

Attachments

• 1D2AFA77-3724-495D-9202-8BA39C19A81C.jpeg
    1D2AFA77-3724-495D-9202-8BA39C19A81C.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 47
Now before the keyboard critics question my shot placement.... it was walking away and the arrow exited the far shoulder.
Quartering away shots are my fav! 👍 good shot placement

I was going to go get some perch tomorrow morning in Long Point
But Slancy says she wants to hunt
So I guess that’s what we will be doing tomorrow see if we can get ourself a freezer Queen, or if we lucky a nice Buck. 👍

His mama didn't teach him very well or his sense of smell is gone.

Well 4 years later….his time ran out!

Attachments

• 6BF815C1-2FDA-45D9-8434-BE6DCD392864.jpeg
    6BF815C1-2FDA-45D9-8434-BE6DCD392864.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 38
Around 8, He came threw to my left, not at all where I was expecting him from. How a deer that big gets threw thick bush undetected still baffles me. I looked over to the side and he was looking in my direction. I bowed my head and slowly got my bow ready. He jumped over a log and then stood broadside art 25. Rest is history

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks