Any Ryerse action yet?

Thanks to all those who actually understand why this stuff gets me so worked up! Good to know there are still some real anglers out there.....Cheers :D

WOW! Is everybody in post fishing season depression already or what? Just my opinion but you all need to lighten up a bit. Aren't we all in this sport we love together? Use some of this negative energy against our real enemies such as the anti-fishing groups and the P.E.T.A'S of this world.

Hey wasn't that Quinner guy the one that was trying to get a sancuary somewhere where he saw someone (other than himself) catching a fish? Great idea, close more water to anglers.
There is a certain element in the angling fraturnity that just can't handle the fact that other people want to fish, and actually catch fish. These guys, and every area has a few, are so hungry for attention or recognition, (or something that I don't understand) that they have the attitude that everyone is poaching, or is wrong in whatever they do. They themselves of course are always right, are the "best" fishermen and on and on....
A good way to spot these guys is them flaunting that they get free tackle or something.
The funny part is you just know that they are the guys combing these sites for any info they can get, but of course they never give any.
Just ignore em, that's all you can do.

lets have a post on how you learned to fish. I was taught by my dad and other fisherman, learned about spots by asking questions going there seeing whats going on. with the price of gas sites like this help everyone out but also brings out the selfishness and arrogance of some. its ok for a local telling everyone how great the fishing is since you fish it everyday but someone comming from 100 miles away needs some honest info. to this day I still ask for tips and advice as well as give it. too bad this world is so full of pre modonas (self made by the way ) I SHOWED A GUY SALMON FISHING a year ago. he never owned a boat so took him out got his rigging tackle etc. took him on my boat showed him everything he needs to know. that season he comes in first in a weekly in the SUN DERBY. SO WHEN HE SEES ME HE SAYS TO ME IF YOU WANT to come out with me ill show you how to catch big fish. lol. not a thank you. now back to youngs creek. which has been tight to fish since I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL I'm 57 now. so things havn't changed. we need to help each other out quit bickering trying to outdo the next guy. because in the end we all end up in a box.

Most googans enjoy yonges because of the low clear water, they can
see the fish. They need that visual. You can pick out them out when you drive down, they are the ones fishing after 5 days of no rain hammering on pinks and dirty cohos. I used to love it too when i was 8.

Unless your fishing the mouth, this should be on the bottem of your steelheading totem pole. Sure theres fish but i'd much rather be fishing either of the big's.

I was at vittoria and ryerse today didn't take my gear out of the truck picked up other peoples garbage and couldn't believe how low it was 10 people fishing at the dam in vittoria nobody in ryerse because its super low and clear one of the locals boat is on land still tied to their dock . Quinners (and mine) idea for a sanctuary is shares by many people and would actually (most likely) add MORE opportunity to fish . You guys have to see the point that is trying to be made here people get steelhead and salmon fever and will do anything to catch them if the snagging , netting,spearing poachers (that do go to youngs a lot ) see that fish are in you can bet a bucket of dead fish they will be there spot lights in hand the next night. You don't believe me post a pic and location of your favor hunny hole and see what happens in the next few days,weeks . stop getting pissed about people trying to save the fishery and get pissed at the ones who are raping it year after year.these fish are all wild we don't have any stocking around here they can only take so much and then we won't have anything to bitch about on here relax everyone go fishing or hunting enjoy the outdoors its beautiful out there this time of year ;)

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

I was at vittoria and ryerse today didn't take my gear out of the truck picked up other peoples garbage and couldn't believe how low it was 10 people fishing at the dam in vittoria nobody in ryerse because its super low and clear one of the locals boat is on land still tied to their dock . Quinners (and mine) idea for a sanctuary is shares by many people and would actually (most likely) add MORE opportunity to fish . You guys have to see the point that is trying to be made here people get steelhead and salmon fever and will do anything to catch them if the snagging , netting,spearing poachers (that do go to youngs a lot ) see that fish are in you can bet a bucket of dead fish they will be there spot lights in hand the next night. You don't believe me post a pic and location of your favor hunny hole and see what happens in the next few days,weeks . stop getting pissed about people trying to save the fishery and get pissed at the ones who are raping it year after year.these fish are all wild we don't have any stocking around here they can only take so much and then we won't have anything to bitch about on here relax everyone go fishing or hunting enjoy the outdoors its beautiful out there this time of year ;)

well said.

people have good intentions when posting about migratory fish, but they're forgetting that this is the internet where thousands of people read what is posted. it's one thing to post where the walleye and perch are biting, but posting info about a creek that's 6ft wide and 1ft deep with a fishable area that's measured in yards rather than miles is just stupid.

28 replies to this thread with 2500 views. every fishing forum is full of lurkers just waiting for people to tell them where to go snagging and spearing. some of you need to wake up and realize just how harmful a single post on a fishing forum can be.

Hey Quinner, have you ever posted an actual FISHING REPORT on this site?????? Or do you just ad your 2 cents to every post that comes along?!!

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

28 replies to this thread with 2500 views. every fishing forum is full of lurkers just waiting for people to tell them where to go snagging and spearing. some of you need to wake up and realize just how harmful a single post on a fishing forum can be.

I hate to say this but the poachers/snaggers etc. already know where the fish are, they have made a career of it, so posting info is only informative to those who aren't poachers/snaggers. Quinner, I was the one who offered a solution to the posted properties, not complaining about them. Josh, what can you say but seek help for that EGO problem of yours. Why don't you start your own website so you prima donas can have an Intellectual discussion, which would last about 15 seconds.
quinner, pls let that fish go as I'm sure it doesn't like its photo shown with that awful growth hanging onto its butt.

The internet kills! This forum is intended to help each other, but you dont need to spoon feed.

For once, I finally agree with Fish Bones. Stick to it man.

DSCF1466.jpg

I guess we should boycot all the fishing shows on TV that actually show you the rivers they are fishing.It would be a long winter with out the internet drama and the fishing shows on TV...lol

Kirk

2500 views doesn't mean there are alot of lurkers. I for one just want to see what happens next. This is like a bloomin soap opera for cryin out loud.

Haven't been fishin this year yet because I don't fish spring rainbows and I was refinishing my boat this summer. I'll be heading out in a couple weeks when the cold weather hits. That'll be sweet!!!

How do I spell relief SAUGEEN

Well said chromeseeker, funny how many people think they own and run the rivers. I dont know, i dont agree with people raping the rivers of all the fish, but i did buy a lisence, and i do like rainbow trout on the bbq, so why not take one home. Not saying everyday, also not saying take as many as you can carry, but a nice midsized fish for the bbq is what we are all here for anyways. Just have to respect the habitat, dont leave a mess, and people would calm down (maybe)

Keep that line tight

quote:
Originally posted by bubzee

Well said chromeseeker, funny how many people think they own and run the rivers. I dont know, i dont agree with people raping the rivers of all the fish, but i did buy a lisence, and i do like rainbow trout on the bbq, so why not take one home. Not saying everyday, also not saying take as many as you can carry, but a nice midsized fish for the bbq is what we are all here for anyways. Just have to respect the habitat, dont leave a mess, and people would calm down (maybe)

Keep that line tight

we're not talking about the right to fish or keep fish, we're talking specifically how posting reports of specific spots on the internet ruins a honey hole very quickly. i'm not sure how familiar you are with the effect internet forums can have on fishing spots, but people will start showing up literally the day after a report is posted.

it's happened dozens of times in the past, but now people are starting to realize that posting fishing spots on the net is generally a bad idea. if you don't believe me, i welcome you to make a post about your favorite spot to fish for trout/salmon at a river mouth, creek, river, etc. in no time it'll be packed, full of garbage, and fished out.

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

quote:
Originally posted by bubzee

Keep that line tight

we're not talking about the right to fish or keep fish, we're talking specifically how posting reports of specific spots on the internet ruins a honey hole very quickly. i'm not sure how familiar you are with the effect internet forums can have on fishing spots, but people will start showing up literally the day after a report is posted.

it's happened dozens of times in the past, but now people are starting to realize that posting fishing spots on the net is generally a bad idea. if you don't believe me, i welcome you to make a post about your favorite spot to fish for trout/salmon at a river mouth, creek, river, etc. in no time it'll be packed, full of garbage, and fished out.

And evidently posted "no trespassing" by the landowner, yet no one will understand why...

DSCF1466.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

I have permission from the landowner to fish a section of that area. I will certainly tell the clowns on here ( like quinner, who post pictures of themselves) that they are trespassing if I see them. Too bad you are such a knob, I would have gladly asked you to join me.

I understand your stance when it comes to picture posting, best to be a coward behind the computer screen.

DSCF1466.jpg

CH132, i do know full well what posting a spot does for the habitat, absolutely no good whatsoever. But i have never posted a spot or honey hole at all. And to QUINNER01, the signs that say no tresspassing, dont exactly mean that no one is allowed there, just need to get permission from land owners. I am ano avid bow hunter as well, and i NEVER just walk into a bush cause i see a deer. Permission is key!! Usually they are more than happy to allow you on the property, if you respect it. And usually a gift at christmas, a fish here and there, or a chunk of deer meat will keep them happy as hell. Would just be nice for others to practice this idea, instead of barging all over, leaving garbage, starting fires, whatever. Just sucks that good people need to suffer cause of idiots.

As ACDC once said, loose lips sink ships.

It's never a good idea to posts specific spots, ryerse is a prime example. This board is behind the times, normally the practice of naming rivers is banned on public forums. I don't care how far your coming from, call a buddy, watch the charts or learn the hard way. worst case, you drive down and get burned, note the conditions and don't make that mistake again. you've just learned something. Remember when there was no Internet forums ?

I'm all for promoting fishing and protecting our sport but let's do it within reason.

Hopefully my distraction tactic worked, the googans will conjur up some foolish
response while I hit the river and catch fish!

Tight lines boys !!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks