Any ice at St. Williams yet?

Huron

Getting cabin fever and just curious about any ice at all yet by St. Williams. How about a pic or two from someome in the area. Much appreciated. Thanks, Huron

quote:
Originally posted by Jwalsh

Still open water...I was thinking of getting the boat out soon lol

Now your thinking in the right direction8D

Brian (Legend Man)

I think my house has gone beyond cabin fever by now.It did not help that i pulled my boat out Nov 1 this year(3 weeks earlier than normal).I was at Fanshawe Sat,all open water.I have poured 150 jigheads,tied 200 worm harnesses,restringed 16 rods,tuned up two motors,fed the chickadess so many times at Fanshaw that they recognize me my wife and dog.
ry%3D400

I am really ,really looking forward to plunking my Ranger in the Detroit Rvr some time in March .:D & going to Jamaica in 3 weeks.Come on spring.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Thanks Scrubber, since the lake is to far to drown in, I'll head for the fridge for another beer. LOL! Huron.

Latest lake side view of St Williams from Booths Harbour web cam sure looks nice (albiet deceiving I know) but encouraging non the less. Who knows ice fishing in a week or two, perhaps? Huh, just maybe. What do you think?
In the meantime heading up to visit lady simcoe around Port Bolster next week. 7 - 8 inches min. around Pefferlaw right now! from reports.

Rotten Ronnie's Bait and Tackle, Long Point

Looks like ice fishing in is in our near future! We expect to be on the ice by the middle of next week. We will post the ice conditions starting Wednesday or Thursday. Getting hungry just thinking of a Perch fry.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work

Good, I hope both ladies Simcoe and Erie free their buts frozen solid. Then us nut cases who love ice fishing can have a ball.

p.s. Most of my friends and relatives think were a bit coo-coo when I mention ice fishing to them. But that's o.k. more room out there and fish for us.

Since Booths web cam is down a lot lately and no specific reports cam amybody post what St. Williams is like where Grangers and Shermans have their huts. A pic would be super.! Thankyou in advance.Huron.

Was on the ice yesterday and found 4 1/2 inches inside. Then ventured out to where the rough ice starts and found 3 1/2 inches. The open spots that people were talking about afew days ago has 1-2 inches now.(Be careful there) that is straight off the lighthouse. Heading back out again shortly, sorry Huron no pics.

Bayside Ice Fishing
(519) 586-2666
baysideicefishing@gmail.com

Judging by the satellite photo, the area your talking about having 1-2" is a large part of the bay, needs another week of cold temps I would think
http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=e&page=1&template=sub&image=a1.13024.1822.LakeErie.143.250m.jpg

Huts are on the ice. 3 machines all together with a hut about 6" of ice this is in front of ST Williams, well so much for the picture wont let me attach it or show it.

quote:
Originally posted by IceDog

well so much for the picture wont let me attach it or show it.

Thanks for the report IceDog. Yes, I had to disable the image upload due to security concerns. Please see sticky note about inserting images stored on photobucket or other similar picture hosting sites. I hope to address this issue when I upgrade the forum software after ice fishing season.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks