Off Topic Any gift ideas for the wife of an avid fisherman?

Got mine a auto/manual pfd..... will see how that floats !!

That reminds me of a funny story...I bought an A/M PFD for mine a few years ago. Lots of people wore it and after a few years I decided it was probably due for a re-arm kit. When I pulled it apart to remove the canister, I found that the original was never even installed (I also found a warning on a tag that said some crap about "arm before use" or something so I tore it off right away). I wondered how it would feel explaining this 'oversight' to a judge if she ever drowned while wearing it.....

PS Let's just keep this one between us guys okay?

Last edited:
My bride loves gift certificates to her nail or hair places. DO NOT buy house hold tools unless you look good wearing an iron. If you buy clothes get 3 sizes too small and tell her you thought that was her size. Maybe tell her you wanted to get her flowers but you felt bad cause they weren't as pretty as her. Jewelery does work like musky lures though bigger and more sparkly is better.

Not fishing equipment related but I swear I heard my wife say she wanted a new Tikka t3x in 22.250 but i might be mistaken😮

Bought a cook book once.
Didn't go over so well with her. Tried to explain it was for new ideas.
I dont recommend it
I did the cook book thing as well but took it a step further and put sticky notes on the pages with the best recipes (that I thought we would BOTH enjoy of course). I thought that it was being thoughtful but she had other words for it. While we are on it, the toilet in the front yard filled with fake flowers did not go over so well either....even though it was a rare purple coloured crapper I scooped on McDowell Road by Simcoe. Save yourself the time and effort...this one actually resulted in tears and cost me a lot more over the year than a thoughtless gift card would have!

That reminds me of a funny story...I bought an A/M PFD for mine a few years ago. Lots of people wore it and after a few years I decided it was probably due for a re-arm kit. When I pulled it apart to remove the canister, I found that the original was never even installed (I also found a warning on a tag that said some crap about "arm before use" or something so I tore it off right away). I wondered how it would feel explaining this 'oversight' to a judge if she ever drowned while wearing it.....

PS Let's just keep this one between us guys okay?
So, I goes down to check my new(this year) Mustang vest I wear when duck hunting, bragging this fall to my friends how I will float and they wont..........LMFAO, tags there, cylinder not engaged! Thanks!

If she cuts the gills to bleed fish out like mine. Then I would suggest a pink pair of fishing gloves and a long sleeve sun shirt. (Rashguard)

@Amarok : Well you better delete your post, the OPP are searching for that, was out for no contact pick-up re Covid-19... lol

So, I goes down to check my new(this year) Mustang vest I wear when duck hunting, bragging this fall to my friends how I will float and they wont..........LMFAO, tags there, cylinder not engaged! Thanks!
My wife will be happy to hear I'm not the only ID10T wandering the earth!

These comments are amazing 😂 I thought my wife would like a new cordless Dyson for Xmas 🤦‍♂️The one gift i get the Mrs from time to time is a bathrobe from Marks work warehouse, she needs many as the cats make nests out of her previously used ones laying about the bedroom.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks