Any Canadian snowbirds making the trip

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
just wondered is the U.S border open to drive, I am one of the 1% for central & south america... it took me the entire month of October on my travel arrangements on a cancelled forced to buy a return ticket from Cartagena Colombia return to toronto April 27 2020 with Copa airlines, The calling centre responded with my cancelled original reservation code at no cost with an enitire change of flights locations & dates for this trip..I looked at it as my covid gift and I took it.. ya I paid out of pocket March 11 2020 on a one way ticket from Punta Cana DR direct into Toronto before the mad rush to get home..thankyou Aunt Josey for the heads up..
its really ironic how our sectors are so mixed on leisure travel out of Canada, my family doctor gave me my 6 months supply of medications and told me to enjoy your trip, my travel insurance policy at age 62 is good until January 2023..there was lots of activity on travel last month..good for them..

I bought tugo insurance travel policy full coverage including covid offered me good value, I can also get a booster if and when needed this area/town is ok here on the pacific & surrounding rainforest

Last edited:
just heading to the pier to meet the boys & board the boat..
took a minute and checked the st.thomas weather...oh my a chance of snow squalls today..
business monday good day for trading stocks and go short on the U.S dollar..it was working for me nicely..

Land border is open
Need to show negative Covid test it’s the same as when flying

Hopefully they change it soon.. You can’t even go watch a hockey game in Buffalo because you’d have to make it a multi day trip so you can get the Covid test to come back

Hopefully they change it soon.. You can’t even go watch a hockey game in Buffalo because you’d have to make it a multi day trip so you can get the Covid test to come back
...no you don't..if you have a covid test on Friday in Canada, you can go to the hockey game in Buffalo (with 20,000 of your closest, unvaccinated friends) and use that test to return to Canada as long as you return within 72 hours of the test being administered..makes absolutely no sense to me..If you are out of the country for longer than the 72 hours, you need to get a test while outside the country..

..I left last Tuesday to come south...crossed at Windsor/Detroit tunnel...no traffic whatsoever...I had my vaccination card in my hand and inspector didn't even want to look at it..(but he saw I had it ready if he asked..) I come back the middle of Dec for medical appts and Christmas...I'm in Central Florida and people seem to be respectful of the masking for the most part...Was in the Winn Dixie on Friday...All the employees were masked and about 90% of the customers, but people are still keeping their distance. whether they are masked or not. One thing I did notice was that if someone didn't have a mask, they tended to be older people...same thing with Lowes on Saturday...I wasn't sure after being so tightly controlled, how it would be to be in a place where people have a choice..Most people my age here that I've talked to have already had their booster shots and the general population seems to be making good choices..

flying out of toronto pearson out of pocket lifelabs fly safe PCR test received my negative result next day..

I can order a PCR test taken right at my door here in puerto lopez and have the result next day to travel..no i am not going to colombia or costa rica,
I am sure theres lots of smart Canadians heading south with there U.S. dollars all saved up from last winter..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks