Any abandoned huts on Inner Bay?

ferg

Just wondering if there are any ice fishing huts left on the Inner Bay that might pose a hazard after "ice out".
From the Port Rowan Harbour it looks like there might be one near Booth's Harbour........or is it just a temporary portable hut?

Yo Ferg; Just that one grey hut left out that I can see. It's out from just west of St Williams light house. Looks like it's roofless but it hasn't sunk into the ice as I can see the runners. It got down to -6C Deg. here last night and the ice looks pretty frozen.. Just now I see a gold/orange Argo heading out from St Williams' and another fellow walked out 1/4 mile or so. Just watched them drill their holes and sure looks like a lot of ice still. If I had a machine I'd check out taking that hut off as it doesn't look frozen in place. May go out and drill a couple holes. It's wonderful sunny day with no wind.

Thanks for the update Larry. With no roof maybe the hut will break up and drift to shore. I'll bet there are no registration numbers on it.

Talked to a guy there yesterday that burned his hut, he got fined $1000.00.
Now he'll get another fine if he doesn't remove whats left.
I did see another way out and they figure he got a fine.
The guy said the fine could be $2000.00

Yo Fergy; Have looked at that hut again and there is a roof. It looks in good shape , not sunk in at all. Just read Fish farmers report . I watched that hut burning and last year one too. That fine and a clean up order are certainly in order. I was thinking, watching them with my telescope, how smug they must feel standing around after dark watching it burn then sneaking off, firm in the believe of how smart they were and dumb everyone else was. Priceless! It's going to be good when the names are released to know who is so cavalier about the safety of all his neighbours and my Grandchildren.
The temperature is supposed to be 2 degs today and tomorrow but freezing tomorrow night and staying frozen 'till Wed. AM . Just 3 guys out from St. Williams this AM.

It's good to know the Ministry is on top of these guys. My insurance broker told me insurance costs for lakeside dwellings has skyrocketed because it is the homeowner's responsibility to remove any ash that may have blown into a body of water. That might explain the hefty fine for torching a hut on the ice.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks