Antlerless

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Antlerless draw results are posted. I’m in.

Congrats on your moose draw success. 3 years ago, I drew my first bull moose tag in almost 20 years. We saw a very nice bull on the second day, he surrounded himself with three other cows and a calf, and we couldn't get a shot. Only saw one other cow that week.

I don't understand the antlerless tag BS. There are so many deer, yet I haven't drawn a tag in 5 years which is the only tag we've had for our entire group of 4. It's ridiculous. They should copy the moose tag system for deer.

My 2 cents

there are only 3of us in our group ,found out yesterday 1 other got a moose tag as well.
Oh, I can smell the steaks already😉😉.

there are only 3of us in our group ,found out yesterday 1 other got a moose tag as well.
Oh, I can smell the steaks already😉😉.
Wtf?? We have 14 in our group and haven’t pulled a tag since the new system arrived? Some of us have even gone as far as paying to fly into Quebec for an opportunity at a moose. Considering we used to always be guaranteed an adult tag prior.

Wtf?? We have 14 in our group and haven’t pulled a tag since the new system arrived? Some of us have even gone as far as paying to fly into Quebec for an opportunity at a moose. Considering we used to always be guaranteed an adult tag prior.
You guys most have drew lots of tags before the system if your not getting them now or applying to a area in the southern regions where its tough as hell to draw,
I drew a bull tag and my buddy got a cow tag, 3rd year in a row our group of 4 has drew a bull and a cow.

You guys most have drew lots of tags before the system if your not getting them now or applying to a area in the southern regions where its tough as hell to draw,
I drew a bull tag and my buddy got a cow tag, 3rd year in a row our group of 4 has drew a bull and a cow.
We drew ONE guaranteed cow tag per year. That was it. Each guy walked away with a grocery bag full of meat. It wasn’t about the meat it was about a week of 14 buddies getting together. It was between Elliot lake and Chapleau so hopefully that wasn’t considered too south?

Kind of is south in the terms of getting a moose tag every year,
What is stopping you from going to just get together regardless of the tag if it wasn't for the meat?
with 14 guys someone should have at least 14 points if only took 1 tag a year so soon enough you gang will get back into getting tags every year.

Instead 4/5 of them come south to our property and we bowhunt for the week down here instead

after waiting 16 years for a tag, even if it is calf tag , I will take it. Probably be the last one I will ever get.

Antlerless deer tag for me. 1st aplication ever so I'm thinking it has more to do with the unit you try for. I'd try for an extra tag too but I have a hard time eating a whole one each year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks