Another Sturgeon in Lake Erie Trib

Jwalsh

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2012/10/22/sturgeon-surprise

same size and same area, so i'm going to guess it's probably the same fish that i caught a week or two ago. but, it would be great if it wasn't the same one.

i would have contacted the paper if i would have known i'd get my picture in it with my fishy :D

Ch312, I thought that was you in the paper! So either that fish has been caught twice or there is two of them.....wow....

Goose Egg, I certainly hope you are kidding about eating them.

Tasty perhaps but you can't keep'm anywhere in Ontario now
better check the Regs [?]
I think since 2009 they are protected even way upNorth on the Groundhog River north of Kapuskasing where years ago we caught and released 14 in one afternoon two of thoses over 40 lbs

I think that in the great lakes tribs MNR frown on even catch and release maybe a pic in the paper not a good idea?

CARPE DIEM

I would think an appropriate and proactive response by the MNR would be to post an article in the local newspapers about a resurgence in the species in this watershed and educate those that don't know about the species and the laws that govern them. It would be great to see that. Actionary instead of reactionary.....(future incidents intented)

quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

Ch312, I thought that was you in the paper!

nope, there's two big differences between me and him.

1) i wouldn't hold a fish that big like that. there's nothing wrong with taking a pic, but this guy probably knew he was going to contact the paper and needed a good pic with him in it and decided the risk was worth it. let's hope someone teaches him how to handle large fish, especially something as rare as this.

2) i'm about 10 years younger and better looking :D:p

Well its big news around the fishing holes lol. Everyone is talking about the sturgeon in Big Creek. What with lake trout in Black Creek and now sturgeon in Big Creek.....its been a bit of an odd season!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks