Another story, but not the Bay

Walleye

Hi all.

I am fairly dissapointed and thought I should post even though it has nothing to do with the Bay.

Number one has been wanting a new boat for several years so I sucked it up and bought a new Lund this Spring. It is fantastic and the prerigging just fantastic. It's like they knew what I would add and where.

As I posted on a previous thread I blew the engine on my 2004 Caravan. I buy number one a new Caravan and it is sweet. I haven't bought a new vehicle for a really long time and I have always done my on work and maintainance on my vehicles. Well I says to number one, " I am going to have a professional install the hitch and wiring on this Van.

I had to leave the country an hour after I picked the Van up and had no chance to test the wiring.

I get home and we are leaving for vacation. I hook up the trailer and the lights are messed up. I can't reach the installer but get to talk with somone in Ph

Okay. Still can't edit.

Phoenix.
I drive to London. Nope, we can't help you. Maybe next week. It's now too late to leave Friday. I call Chrysler. Shoukd be a plug and play in Tillsonburg. I pick it up st 09:00 and instslled by me in 30 minutes. I left the install from the proffessional and took pictures. I am going to go to small claims court on this.

This is the first time I haven't done my own work and only because I had a brand new vehicle. Never again.

Sorry for the rant.

We did get to our Cottage today. Temp 2 C and wind 30 knots from the NW and snow. We did get 50 plus Pike but no target specie. Full winter gear.

Once again I apologise. I try to be positive but when I showed number one what they did to our new Van she cried.

My best, Clark

Glad you were able to get things done on your own. Let us know how you make out in court. Guys like that need to be taken to task!!

Better day today. 2 inches of snow, wind down to 20 knots. Buddy caught 2 target specie with one Walleye at 28.5 inches at 9 lbs. I stunk and might have to change my moniker to Pike:(

Number one kept the fire going and seems to be over the Van thing.

Cheers, Clark

hey bud glad thing went well alittle cold up there nothing a few blues wont cure got the house all sided looks sweet a few more thing then time to get the boats ready have a good trip give me a shout when u can stevie

Should have bought your van from Demeyere's in Simcoe! I'm Eberbob, a long time employee and Stomp's member, as well as belonging to many fishing organizations.

eberbob.

Wasn't a Chrysler dealer. Itwas a company that shall remain nameless that does hitches.

Cheers, Clark

Sorry to hear about the car, I would name them unless it's against the forum rules. It's only slander if what you write is a lie, or is it libel can never remember which one is spoken and which is written. Regardless if they goofed up that badly we want to stay away, that's how you get em, hit them where it hurts, in sales.

That is one sweet barge you have there, what powerplant did you get with her? Congrats on the new van and boat. I'm jealous but don't tell my Starcraft and Silverado they may rebel!

WhatsthePoint. We are now in T-Bay for number 2's graduation. No fishing and the cash just keeps flowing. I am proud of my daughter and love T-Bay but moving on to Dryden tomorrow.

I won't name the name until I get home. The reason being that they now say they may provide satisfaction.

I got the boat new but the power plant is 3 year old Opti 115. Already had it in for minor warranty work. No biggie.

I love my boat but far more important is that number 1 loves it.

I think I finally figured out how to use my tablet and hope these pics work.

Cheers, Clark

PS Tell the Starcraft and Silverado not be jealous.

Attachments

• IMG-20130603-00110_resized.jpg
    IMG-20130603-00110_resized.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-20130603-00112_resized.jpg
    IMG-20130603-00112_resized.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20130603-00111_resized.jpg
    IMG-20130603-00111_resized.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 25
WhatsthePoint. We are now in T-Bay for number 2's graduation. No fishing and the cash just keeps flowing. I am proud of my daughter and love T-Bay but moving on to Dryden tomorrow.

I won't name the name until I get home. The reason being that they now say they may provide satisfaction.

I got the boat new but the power plant is 3 year old Opti 115. Already had it in for minor warranty work. No biggie.

I love my boat but far more important is that number 1 loves it.

I think I finally figured out how to use my tablet and hope these pics work.

Cheers, Clark

PS Tell the Starcraft and Silverado not be jealous.
Walleye thanks for sharing the pics. I agree with you not to share installers name unless after you've met face to face and are still not happy. Maybe they had a disgruntled employee that day and have since dealt with the problem. They are likely be a top notch shop and will be gratefull for your feed back. Cheers GPS

Hi all.

GPS. I think you are correct. I will sort it when vacation is done.

We drove 300 k to a small lake just east of Dryden yesterday. I can only guess but think that 50 Walleye in 2 hours was great. All fish were between 17 and 19 inches which made us use the ruler very carefully.

Number one and I had left this morning at 0700 and got back to the Cottage at 1700. We fished untill dark and didn't catch a thing.

Cheers, Clark

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks