Fishing Report Another productive day.

Trevor M

Got to the pier at 5:40 am. First one there. Made the walk out to the light tower, set up and had my line in the water by 5:50. Tried to catch some minnows. That was an exercise in frustration. LOTS of smelt today, not so many minnows until I pulled the line and went to try by the parking lot. Got enough to last the day. Gentleman on the end caught a nice 3lb pike and gave it to me. Gentleman on my left went home with 6 yellows. Gentleman on my right who showed up just after I did and has fished with me a lot over the past couple years, including going out with @tailfeathers last year and the year before, went home with 6. As he was leaving he said "I've sat watching you catch fish long enough for one day:mad:" :ROFLMAO:

Pulled my line at 2:45 and called it a day when a second thunderstorm threatened (the first moved inland to the west and missed us)

So how'd I do? 4 Sheephead. 25 yellow perch kept 21. 14 were 10"-12" the other 7 were 8"-9." and that pike that was given to me. Not sure when I'll be going again.

How many minnows would you go thru Trevor?
I went through approx 3 doz today. Missed a few, and the gobies were around to play too.

Also depends on how many I can catch. I know how many I'm allowed to have, but I never catch that many. Would take too long, they haven't exactly been around in big schools where you throw the net out and come up with it so full you don't need to throw it out again. Takes a while just to get 4-5 dozen lately.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks