Another cash grab

Going to have troubles buying people
Into this unless they going to invest big money policing it. then at that rate would it even be a + for them
Getting a little ridiculous any and all governments these days.
was reading about these “circuit breaker” lockdowns and actually needing a permit to leave your house. assuming this permit costs money too.
not sure how people are going to tolerate much more of this non sense.

As far as paying to register your boat I always wondered as to why it was free albeit the fact you had to pay a sales tax on it's price in order to do so. To renew a boat registration number was/is/and/or free at this time. Governments being what they are are always looking to cover their costs... needless to say.
I'm ok because I don't own a 100,000 dollar boat ... probably won't unless I win a lottery , so go screw over the guy with too much money. If I am correct down south of the border they have to have a yearly sticker on their boat every year ? The really unfortunate part of this whole scenario is that it will not make better seamen out of people if they can just pay there way out of it .

I believe Kathleen Wynne used to call this "revenue tools". I am sure nobody misses her. Give it a few years and all boats (or all boats with lesser length limit) will be paying some sort of "registration fee".

I am still waiting for my vessel license. Brought the boat home in May...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks