anchor troubles

work smarter not harder with the anchor for perch fishin.....there is a buoy marker off erieau you can tie your boat to and catch perch...

Not a good idea to tie up to a navigational marker, it is an offence under the Criminal Code believe it or not:

Violations of the Canada Shipping Act can also translate into offences under the Criminal Code of Canada. Boaters can be subject to fines not less than $500, or up to 6 months in prison under a summary conviction, for being impaired upon the water.

The following are also in violation of the Criminal Code of Canada:

• Operating a boat in a manner that is dangerous to the public
  • Operating a vessel while impaired by alcohol or drugs
  • Not keeping watch of a person in tow (water-skiers, etc)
  • Towing a person after dark
  • Knowingly operating an unseaworthy vessel
  • Sending a false message (i.e.: false distress calls
  • Interfering with any marine signal by tying the boat to a navigation signal, buoy, or other sea-mark used for navigation purposes, or

Not a good idea to tie up to a navigational marker, it is an offence under the Criminal Code believe it or not:

What isn't against the law these days... soon breathing air will be also. Thanks for pointing that out.

Not only is it unlawful to tie up to the buoy at PB @G.Mech, it is down right dangerous. Remember Packrat and the pier gang use it for target practice. I don't want come to the NEM launch with guys seeing sinkers wrapped around my neck and hooks in my ears and eyebrows with minnows dangling from them. :eek: :LOL:

What isn't against the law these days... soon breathing air will be also. Thanks for pointing that out.

Not only is it unlawful to tie up to the buoy at PB @G.Mech, it is down right dangerous. Remember Packrat and the pier gang use it for target practice. I don't want come to the NEM launch with guys seeing sinkers wrapped around my neck and hooks in my ears and eyebrows with minnows dangling from them. :eek: :LOL:
not to worry WR----really cant hit the broad side of a barn door---if I do its a fluke:D

besides you might start a new fashion trend----look what they do with piercing these days:ROFLMAO::D:p

absoulutly it is against the law to tie up to that buoy i am talking about...leave a loop hole and somebody goes right through it...lol...now that you mention criminal code and navigation on the water i was thinkin how criminal am I...well

I have been on the lakes since 85.....I have been checked by the OPP 4 times for having standard equipment under the boating regulations @...nanicoke once...owen sound once....st.clair once....stanley once....the MNR checked for slot size LSC walleye/fishing licences/1 rod per person?@ ..st.clair once and kincardine once and lemington once

The MNR tried so hard to find something they could charge me with...anywaway I have never been charged or fined or even given a warning in all my trips out on the great lakes and thats since 85..

Personally I don't like the way some of these MNR and OPP harass me and others out on the water...I don't know what the laws are for giving you a hard time out on the water... especially when you are enjoying your day ...like here we are minding our own business fishin and they come looking to cause trouble... i call it harassment...they just can ruin your day....gag...now rip me apart
hear you about giving you a hard time-----was tossed from a field I was duck hunting from by two nice gentlemen

after checking the area threatened to charge me with baiting------I only "rented" the area and there was enough fresh snow to backup my claim I didn't "bait" the field

anyway was told to take my stuff and get off immediately----thank you very much officer

@mick - i grew up on the St Mary's River and being a border area with a ton of 'personal' smuggling there is an awful lot of law enforcement on the river. Not once in 20 years were we stopped. I did get a 'turnaround' from the Michigan Sherrif for having a friend being an idiot on the front of the boat but I turned into CDN waters and the marina fast enough they stopped ;) They watched a lot but they left everyone alone... Unless there was a fishing derby. The legend that was the CAN-AM on the St Mary's...the salmon fishing was amazing, the drunk guys trolling into parked ships in the fog at 4am just made for good stories.

Anyway -- I have no idea why they think stopping a boat fishing is a good target when there are idiots constantly running a sea doo 10ft from swimmers.

We do a lot of laker jigging in big water and often at depths over 100'. I tie my anchor to a 16" orange marine bouy with a special one way harness attached usually 2.5 to 1. I then tie the boat to the bouy with about 20' of rope so the boat is not pulling on the anchor but rather pulling on the buoy. Allows you to fish in some pretty big water without moving. When I am ready to leave we grab the anchor rope and tie it to the boat and drive off. The buoy dives until the pressure pulls the anchor off bottom and when the buoy pops up and starts moving on the water I know the anchor is up at the buoy. Just drive back and pick up anchor and buoy. It's a pretty slick system I first saw in northern Mantiba. Here is a website that shows the product. I use the anchor lift standard system and it works well.....saves the arms if you are moving a lot. https://www.savvyboater.com/anchoring/

absoulutly it is against the law to tie up to that buoy i am talking about...

Personally I don't like the way some of these MNR and OPP harass me and others out on the water...I don't know what the laws are for giving you a hard time out on the water... especially when you are enjoying your day ...like here we are minding our own business fishin and they come looking to cause trouble... i call it harassment...they just can ruin your day....gag...now rip me apart

They probably harass you because you tie up to navigational markers....:)

saw this video on youtube. This guy shows a great way to retrieve a stuck anchor. don't know if this is common knowledge but it was new to me.

@Maestrolaker... That sounds similar to the system my brother described that he uses for anchoring in 500 ft. of water fishing for halibut off Victoria Island BC. I've never seen it but it must be a much bigger set-up because he told me his cost over $600. He did say it was a must to fish those halibut. I wonder if one of those self anchoring electric motors would work for him because he must need to tow a dingy behind him just to put the rope in. :)

I don't believe it was just a random check----think they might have been acting on a tip from someone----

considering who I rented the field from didn't really surprise me

Back