Off Topic An alternative View on Covid-19 Lockdown Strategy

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
There's been so much misinformation and fear mongering about this whole issue of covid-19 I'm beginning to rethink what is actually going here. Everybody imaginable is playing the blame game when as I see the only blame here should be on the Chinese Communist Party who caused all this grief upon the world who went to great lengths to cover it up and still are. We all have our opinions but there's huge disagreement among scientists and medical physicians around the world whether this insane lock down was the way to go. Why all the demonizing of these professionals who are providing proven data that goes against what our government keeps telling us is good for us? Even New York Governor Cuomo admitted he was completely stunned at the figures revealing 66% of the cases came from people who strictly followed staying at home guidelines. Kinda blows away the theory lockdowns is the best method of slowing down the virus especially when New York state is the epicenter of the US after imposing the strictest lockdown measures of any state. I'm keeping an open mind but things are not adding up here folks. I'm fearing our governments have made a deadly serious mistake in their covid-19 response that our economy may never recover from. This is how my nephew who has his own business he built from the ground up that is being destroyed along with countless others feels about what's going on. Agree or disagree but this is from his post on Face Book.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks that social distancing is a good idea for the next few years, actually wants to be micro-chipped or thinks that a "benevolent" dictatorship is for the good of humanity, just unfriend me now because I won't be giving that point of view any energy. I am a free Sovereign Human Being and if you want to stay home, stay home. That's your sovereign Right to choose, if you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. That's your sovereign right to choose. If you want to avoid large crowds, avoid large crowds, that's your sovereign right to choose.

I am not required to descend into poverty for you.

I am not required to abstain from human contact for you.

I am not required to shop alone, without my kids, for you.

I refuse to participate in "quarantine life" until there's an unsafe, untested vaccine released in 18 months.

I refuse to receive said vaccine to make others feel more safe, that's my Sovereign Right to choose.

I won't set myself or my children/grandchildren on fire to keep you warm.

If you're convinced the vaccine is safe and effective, you can get it yourself.

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy our country and ruin your life. I can't control your self destructive behaviors, but we all have a say in this world.

We need to tell legislators that we demand options. We have a constitutional right to take risks. Life is full of bacteria and viruses, many of which spread before symptoms manifest and after they subside.

We have a sovereign right to receive OR refuse vaccines. The data was inaccurate at best, purposely overblown to justify government overreach at worse.

Stop allowing the government to destroy:

The Food Supply

Small Businesses

Medical Autonomy

Access to Health Care

Religious Gatherings

Privacy Rights

Fellowship

Our Mental Health

Our Freedom

When the "new normal" is filled with starvation, depression, suicide,child abuse, domestic violence, imprisonment, governmental spying, and pure DESPERATION, the virus is going to look preferable to the world you helped facilitate.

I'm going to turn this around on people from now on. Those that say I'm (or anyone that supports the mission to get us back open) putting money over lives wanting the country back open for business...

Hear this:

YOU don't care about the people that will kill themselves out of hopelessness.

YOU don't care about small businesses that'll close their doors (Their Livelihood) permanently.

YOU don't care about the children/women/men that will be victims of domestic abuse.

YOU don't care about people defaulting on their mortgages.

YOU don't care about bills going unpaid by families with zero income right now.

YOU don't care about people wondering where their next meal will come from.

YOU don't care about the people that will starve.

YOU support the inevitable looting that will take place.

YOU don't care about anyone that is murdered the longer this shutdown goes on.

YOU don't care about people's mental health.

YOU don't care about the children that DO need teachers and educators to guide and educate them.

YOU don't care about the economy crashing down around us.

YOU DON'T CARE!

YOU love your shackles!

YOU are pathetic, begging your leaders for more shutdown and more regulations.

I will not tolerate another person telling me that I don't care about lives.

I care about the situation in its entirety.

But YOU don't care about any of that so...

YOU stay home.

YOU wear a mask.

YOU live in fear.

@Wave Runner This post has been circulating around Facebook from many different countries for many weeks. Its just a cut and paste, and basically propaganda. I am sure your nephew has his reasons to cut and paste this onto his Facebook... he is angry, many of are, but this post specifically comes from a very selfish place. While I agree with some of the things in this, I do not agree with the selfish aspect of it. This post is all about "I", not "we", its divisive and designed to be that... as most propaganda is.

Thank you for your view point @rastam4n it's your entitled opinion. I don't even go on Facebook or Twitter etc. because nothing interests me about them whatsoever. Not much good comes off them as most is false information like anything on the internet. The post was emailed to me from my son and I wasn't aware my nephew did not write it however I do agree with most of it even though it is also opinion. I'm more concerned with the new verified information such as just came out of New York this week that to me blows away the "stay at home" theory. Even Cuomo admits he's dumbfounded how to explain it so maybe you can? I'm all ears. ;)

Absolutely love it.

We are sacrificing the world to save very few people that aren't in the working class that keep the world moving.

I'm not religious at all but if more people actually had something to believe in they wouldn't believe that their dictators were God's.

Because the majority of people can't live without someone else telling them what to do and how to do it. They are gullable sheep.

Thank you for your view point @rastam4n it's your entitled opinion. I don't even go on Facebook or Twitter etc. because nothing interests me about them whatsoever. Not much good comes off them as most is false information like anything on the internet. The post was emailed to me from my son and I wasn't aware my nephew did not write it however I do agree with most of it even though it is also opinion. I'm more concerned with the new verified information such as just came out of New York this week that to me blows away the "stay at home" theory. Even Cuomo admits he's dumbfounded how to explain it so maybe you can? I'm all ears. ;)
Well he is dumbfounded because he didn't expect so many people to lie about it... whats happening there is exactly what I have been saying all along, it is more dangerous to grocery shop or get your mail then it is to go fishing, or for a walk on a trail , or a bike ride. Any time you are forced to come into contact with other people or things that other people have touched you are risking exposure, and with the amount of asymptomatic people its easy to spread once its passed onto even those who are following the stay at home advice. People have to eat... and therefore as long as we have to grocery shop or bring anything from the outside world into our homes we are at risk. That is why these people are getting infected. It is not surprising at all, in fact I expected this to happen... read my posts you will see how I often refer back to that fact that grocery shopping is the most dangerous thing we could do.
Here is a good article on why its happening https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242547366.html

Facebroke? Twittler? What's that ?
Enough for me to be part of this fishing site
" sometimes too much " when there is no fishing going on
If I want social connecting I will call you , text you , email you person to person
Much more enjoyable

Hey I agree with all that too @rastam4n so does that not prove the lockdown doesn't work so was unnecessary? I have mostly stayed home but no one can stay locked up 24/7. Like all of us I do have to go out to get gas, groceries and go the pharmacy. I keep my distance and wash my hands repeatedly and come home and maybe I'm fortunate but have not contracted covid-19. I also walk my dog, pick up my mail at the community mail box, talk to my neighbours (yes at a distance), cut my grass etc. At 71 I'm in the high risk category however I refuse to hide in my basement in fear for who knows how long. That's senseless as life goes on so I feel for the sake of all of us and the economy this needs to end soon, the sooner the better.

Hey I agree with all that too @rastam4n so does that not prove the lockdown doesn't work so was unnecessary? I have mostly stayed home but no one can stay locked up 24/7. Like all of us I do have to go out to get gas, groceries and go the pharmacy. I keep my distance and wash my hands repeatedly and come home and maybe I'm fortunate but have not contracted covid-19. I also walk my dog, pick up my mail at the community mail box, talk to my neighbours (yes at a distance), cut my grass etc. At 71 I'm in the high risk category however I refuse to hide in my basement in fear for who knows how long. That's senseless as life goes on so I feel for the sake of all of us and the economy this needs to end soon, the sooner the better.
That all depends on what your tolerance for how many people die due to inaction vs action. It can be argued on both sides effectively. Right now what we have in Canada and most places in the world, is a bunch of guidelines to keep the lowest common denominator class from getting us all sick. Teenagers, young adults, and/or just generally stupid people... like the Michigan protesters from doing stupid things, and in order for that to be effective they have to impose the same "rules" to everyone. Even though common sense people already know how to protect themselves and others, the other 30% of the population is really f'n stupid. Its all about controlling the herd, if a small group of stupid people start doing stupid things and other stupid people see it, they will also do stupid things and then the rest of us even though we are doing everything right will end up being sick because the virus will reach a certain proliferation as it has in New York. Meaning it is actually in the grocery stores and your mail box. Right now if someone gets sick who works at a store, they close the store, disinfect the entire thing and reopen several days later... but if we reach a certain point where the virus is every where contract tracing will be impossible and this is what "they" (the ones in control) are trying to avoid.
Think of when you were 18 years old... who was going to tell you what to do? Only fear can control stupidity, and unfortunately we all have to pay the same price.

My take is that Canada made a very tough, but reasonably sound call based on some pretty good science. We followed what most other countries have done worldwide. From the standpoint of not overwhelming the health system, I think it has worked to date. Our doctors don't seem to have been forced to make incredibly difficult life and death decisions due to a flood of patients and lack of resources to treat them. Now, out of necessity, the next tough calls about opening up are coming. Hopefully, as things open, and aided by people acting sensibly, we can continue to slow the spread of the virus until such time that most of us can get vaccinated or we can get a hospital bed and ventilator should we need one.

The 66% stat doesn't mean much at all without knowing the underlying population demographics. If the "staying at home" category includes 90% of people in locked-down New York (including most of the elderly folks at high risk of needing hospital care if infected), then the fact that that group makes up only 66% of new hospitalized cases could be considered a success. It certainly doesn't mean that New York's situation would be no different if they'd avoided all lockdown measures.

In any case, I agree that we need to be looking forward - can't stay locked down forever. Keys will be reliable data, sensible ongoing precautions, and plans to stomp out inevitable recurrences without having to revert to total lockdowns. Nobody was prepared the first time around; we should be better prepared now and moving forward. The conspiracy and vaccine bs is just noise from the same crowd as always.

Something sounds fishy, our health care workers can't get N95 masks but, theirs business that are selling them to the public. Go figure:unsure:

I've saw people walking down the street by them self wearing them, whats with that, must have ate baked beans & pickle eggs last night at their gathering, can't stand them selves. o_O :D

But the doctors weren't given the chance to make life or death calls.

As of two weeks ago Ontario's health minister said that they selectively let 75 people die because they wouldn't do their life saving surgeries.

That right there's shows its not about saving lives but about control.

I do agree with this, as I have ordered N95 masks from Amazon.ca 5 weeks ago, also gloves, and 2 more groups of N95 masks thru china via Amazon.
I have concluded that China hates the USA so much that they have avoided helping the US with protective gear whenever they could avoid it. Case in point my friend in Tennessee ordered from the same sources at the same time, I got all of mine he got non of his. This USA failure lead to dirty tricks {as in the stealing of 1 million Canadian masks} also this forced individual states to enter bidding wars, causing a world wide bidding empire instead of the US government buying & distributing then properly, efficiently, & cost effectively
I did donate many, AFTER my family needs were taken care of, & supplied my at risk Tennessee friend}
Hopefully Trump has learned not to continually, publicly, make fun of China, who makes the majority of the worlds protective gear

I do agree with this, as I have ordered N95 masks from Amazon.ca 5 weeks ago, also gloves, and 2 more groups of N95 masks thru china via Amazon.
I have concluded that China hates the USA so much that they have avoided helping the US with protective gear whenever they could avoid it. Case in point my friend in Tennessee ordered from the same sources at the same time, I got all of mine he got non of his. This USA failure lead to dirty tricks {as in the stealing of 1 million Canadian masks} also this forced individual states to enter bidding wars, causing a world wide bidding empire instead of the US government buying & distributing then properly, efficiently, & cost effectively
I did donate many, AFTER my family needs were taken care of, & supplied my at risk Tennessee friend}
Hopefully Trump has learned not to continually, publicly, make fun of China, who makes the majority of the worlds protective gear

Just heard on the radio that 8 million masks that Canada got from China don't meet Canadian standards for N95. So don't think what you got will protect you.

I don't wear gloves and won't wear a mask.

I was forced to at work once however due to a double standard.

Something sounds fishy, our health care workers can't get N95 masks but, theirs business that are selling them to the public. Go figure:unsure:

I've saw people walking down the street by them self wearing them, whats with that, must have ate baked beans & pickle eggs last night at their gathering, can't stand them selves. o_O :D
People like that is why they have directions on shampoo

I no longer believe anything that anyone in the government says. And I think people are slowly starting to realize that. I would cut some slack to all the politicians regardless of their party or level for the initial response, which was done in panic mode after telling us for a few months, time and time again, that we are safe to go out, and nothing to worry about, worry about flu more, and celebrate Chinese new year (which we did btw with our co-workers as we do annually at Cameron's), and avoid creating "stereotypes" (99.999999% people don't do that anyways).

After a while, much has been learnt about this new virus, and not just treatments in the forms of hydroxychloroquine (or recently remdesivir), but also there are a few countries in the world and a few states south of the border, who chose to deal with this virus differently. And our government should learn from them and revisit all the decisions taken in view of this information but for some reason, our media barely talks about this and what's going on in the world.

It's past due to realize that this virus is not going anywhere just like flu, and a much better way would be let people go to work asap under strict precautions and watch out, care and isolate the most vulnerable ones as necessary. This is the common sense approach touted by many. Yes, you will take small hits down the road but you know how to deal with them by now.

There are a lot of people affected by what was done, huge list, suicide 911 calls went up 8x times, all those unable to see their doctors and perform urgent tests and surgeries for months, nobody is counting these people, everyone is stuck on covid-19 numbers.

There is a reason why people are slowly getting angry everywhere, and it is not because boat launches are closed. All you need for a wake up call is to lose a job or a business (you probably built for years) to feed your loved ones and let you last for a while without a penny, and/or seeing others going through that. I know quite a few families like that by now, not just in Canada. It's going to take a couple of years until this situation rectifies. If it rectifies at all... For some, this is the new "normal" for long time.

That's my 2 cents anyways. Have everyone a great weekend with the ones you love.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks