Aluminum Boat Rivet?

Fish Farmer

Is there a river that can be installed on the outside of the boat that can’t be accessed internally. I have a buddy that has one rivet missing and was told he must remove the floor and consoles rod lockers and everything to get at the hull 😱😱 why don’t they make floor’s easier to take out 🤬🤬. Thanks

Is there a river that can be installed on the outside of the boat that can’t be accessed internally. I have a buddy that has one rivet missing and was told he must remove the floor and consoles rod lockers and everything to get at the hull 😱😱 why don’t they make floor’s easier to take out 🤬🤬. Thanks
It is called a pop rivet. Also need a tool- pop rivet gun. There are pop rivets with rubber seal for kayaks, maybe there are similar for boats.
kayak pop rivet

You want what is called a closed end blind rivet. I ordered mine from Spaenaur in Kitchener. You will need to know the diameter of drilled out hole and total thickness to be fastened. Careful with what is behind the rivet when drilling. Then you have to put a dab of 3M 5200 on the rivet and pop it in place, I have a two handed heavy duty riveter for these you want them in tight. Did 36 rivets in my boat two years ago and they are watertight.

Got a few blind rivets from Ron Banks marine in Port Rowan a few year back. They worked great, sure beats taking the interior apart.

I repaired a rivet in an older boat I had
JB weld aluminum
mixed it up and filled the missing rivet
never leaked or fell out

Fish Farmer, if you are still looking for blind rivets I have various sizes and lengths and can give you what you need. I no longer have a tin boat and live on the mountain in Hamilton. PM me if I can help.
Thanks very much I'll pm you (y)

Fish Farmer, if you are still looking for blind rivets I have various sizes and lengths and can give you what you need. I no longer have a tin boat and live on the mountain in Hamilton. PM me if I can help.
I want to shout out a BIG Thank you for your help John prov2025 You help a very good friend that has the C word (y) (y)
Dave
And Stomp for running a great 5 STAR message Board. (y) (y) You helped a buddy (people) in a way you don't even know.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks