Off Topic Aluminum boat registration number removal

Tboz

I need to remove old numbers and install my new ones. Its aluminum boat, numbers are on paint. ANY ADVICE?

Body shop supply has a rubber wheel goes on your drill. will take the sticker off and not harm the paint. its made by 3M. Used this for years when I was an automotive painter. Good luck

Adhesive remover is the best. It will take the stickers off and won't bother the paint at all. Depending on where you live I have some you can have.

Hair dryer or heat gun and a razor scraper
2nd that....its the best option to save a potention accident to the paint...then it becomes a can of worms lol. Get the stickers warm and it peels right off. Buff with some rubbing compound and your good to go

I peeled an entire wrap off a boat a couple years ago. It was awful. It was old and brittle. Came off in small pieces. I tried 10 different products from industrial paint reducers to rubbing alcohol and even the 3m wheel mentioned above. There is no quick way to get the sticker off other than as mentioned above a little heat and a razor blade to get it started and trying like crazy to get as big a piece to peel as possible. Best thing I found to remove the left over residue was the cheapest brake parts spray cleaner from Princess Auto. I went through a couple cases of it. Just numbers should be a quick job.

The wheel is called a pinstripe remover wheel and available at NAPA.

thanks everyone. looks like elbow grease and a concoction of chemicals and tools will do the trick.....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks