Alumacraft fuel venting issues

Higgzy

Hi guys, my 175 alumacraft all of a sudden has quit venting out of the fuel tank. Overflowing at the pump unless I trickle in the fuel which would take hours to fill from an empty tank. Anyone have this issue? Or know what is the faulty part?

My new Larson has the same problem. Only resolve I have found is gas cans go in easier.

Hi Higgzy, check the vent line and see if it is saging. If it is raise it and get it straight with a down flow. That solved my issue.

Most all the boats I've owned have done the same thing have to fill slow.
One thing I've notice is make sure your boat is on strait level ground and not a slight angle, gas will kick back.
But good point from Locksmart. (y) 👍

You can probably reach the vent line where it attaches to the vent on the boat. Pull it off and blow through it. If you can reach both the tank and vent side pull it off and blow it out. Also check that spiders haven’t blocked the screen on the vent.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks