Off Topic Alarm module location

Big B

Hello All; I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on my issue. 1995 mariner 115hp 2 stroke
Was out today trolling around and my alarm buzzer went off. At first it sounded like static on vhf, a couple seconds then stopped. A little later came on steady and just sounded like static, not the normal beep when key is 1st turned on. Check water steam for motor and was good. Lots of oil in tank.
My understanding is intermittent beeps is low oil, continuous is overheat. Not wanting to take chances we went back in. Alarm was on mostly.
Anyway now at home I wanted to look into this, I fired up motor and alarm came on after a few secs. Shutdown looked around and went to restart and when key is turned on there is normal beep then a steady on without even cranking motor. even when motor is cooled down at this point.
I unplugged wires from oil tank, still steady alarm, I disconnected temp sensor and still on steady.
All I can find online is this points to bad module itself.
So I am wondering where this module is located. I believe it is on motor but I could be wrong. I found the sounder under the dash.
If anyone has a picture or a description, or a suggestion, I would be very greatful

Its inside your shifter controls once you open it up you'll see a small buzzer inside

Just saying ...might be the oil pump ...I had that happen to me .. so I disconnected the oil tank, and pump. Now I just mix it in my tank. :):)

some information that may or may not be helpful. Not my information just a copy and paste.

Re: 1995 mercury 115 hp 2stroke oil injector alarm issues

You can test the low oil sensor by disconnecting the 2 light blue wires going from the oil tank to the alarm module. If the alarm quits when they are unplugged the sensor in the oil tank is bad. If it's still going off disconnect the tan or tan/blue wire going to the alarm module. If it stops the engine temperature sensor is bad. If it's still going off the alarm module is bad

Thanks smokey, that is about where I am at. I'm looking for the module itself it is definitely not out in the open. Must be behind some wiring. thanks again

@Big B... Apparently this (Mercury/Mariner oil injection warning module) is what your looking for which is on the block somewhere probably close to the oil tank. It should look similar or identical because this is off a 1997 Mercury/Mariner that is on Ebay. Hopefully it will help you identify it when looking for yours.

1590242297005.png

1590245942029.png

Wave runner this is what I found under another module of sorts. This is where I am now.
I disconnected the purple lead (info from another site) Turned key no sound at all. Plugged purple lead back in and now have normal short beep and no continuous beep. Which sounds more like static.
I then tested oil level sensor with jumper and it produced 4 short beeps like it should have. I then ground the temp relay and it sounded continuous like it should and was definitely louder then the earlier steady beep.
So would anyone know if this points to a faulty module or some other kind of wiring issue? Can those modules go off and then not reset unless unplugged? And thanks once again.

You can try this from another forum to see if it's the module. Might add that someone else said that a pooched float switch in the oil tank can cause the same problem. Apparently there's many problems that arise with oil injection that some said they just gave up disconnected it and just manually mix their oil 50:1 to end the headaches. Hope you can solve your issue without too much headache. :)

Disconnecting the purple wire "disconnected" the entire alarm system - alarm module, oil level sensor and temp sensor (isolated all of them from the warning horn).

So all that (test) proved was the problem was in a place "other than" the control itself.

You can test the individual components as follows:

Find the single black wire coming from the temp sensor - located on the head - it's a small (button) pressed into the head/block with a single black wire that goes down to a (gang) that contains another black wire and a tan/blue and tan wire. If you unhook the wire leading to the sensor and the alarm goes away, your temp sensor is shot.

Next you can check the oil level sensor. Under the oil tank is two blue wires that go to (two) bullet connectors. Disconnect either one of them - again - alarm goes away the oil level sensor is shot.

If neither prove positive, since you have already pulled the purple wire, it would be safe to say your alarm module is shot.

I,ve seen that same info and it has gotten me as far as I am. What was unclear in that post was weather the purple wire was plugged back in and alarm was still on or not. like I said mine stopped then did not return once it was reinserted. I would think if alarm was still sounding it would point to bad module.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks