Off Topic Air Fryers for fish ?

Air fryer is different than an oven.
Air fryer heats from the top with a high speed fan blowing pass the element. That’s why it cooks fast and gives a crispy layer on your food as tho it was fried
I guess I should have said oven and convection, my oven has a big fan at the back, it's suppose to circulate the air, but I've been none to be wrong Derkd9 :D (y)

I guess I should have said oven and convection, my oven has a big fan at the back, it's suppose to circulate the air, but I've been none to be wrong Derkd9 :D (y)
Some newer ovens come with an air fryer setting
My sister in law has one
Although it is no where near as good as the small counter top air fryers
Just isn’t the same

Air fryer is different than an oven.
Air fryer heats from the top with a high speed fan blowing pass the element. That’s why it cooks fast and gives a crispy layer on your food as tho it was fried

Air fryers are compact convection ovens marketed as some miraculous device that can give fried results without the oil, which is complete nonsense.

After dozens of meals in 3 different fryers (two were gifts from others who found they’re a waste of money) you cannot convince me otherwise.

As for cooking fast, sure, if you’re cooking for one or two people. Toss in enough fries for 4 people and you’re looking at same cooking times as the oven.

Air fryers = waste of money and counter space.

Some newer ovens come with an air fryer setting
My sister in law has one
Although it is no where near as good as the small counter top air fryers
Just isn’t the same

The air fryer setting of our $1500 oven I bought this winter is just as useless as countertop air fryers….

Air fryers are compact convection ovens marketed as some miraculous device that can give fried results without the oil, which is complete nonsense.

After dozens of meals in 3 different fryers (two were gifts from others who found they’re a waste of money) you cannot convince me otherwise.

As for cooking fast, sure, if you’re cooking for one or two people. Toss in enough fries for 4 people and you’re looking at same cooking times as the oven.

Air fryers = waste of money and counter space.
Fair enough
Im usually cooking for only two people
I love how fast I can cook frozen fries and much better then when cooked in the oven.
I also really enjoy the results I get when cooking chicken and pork chops in them.
And pretty well any other frozen items like pogos for example just come out way better in the air fryer.
Frozen pot pies also come out really good and are cooked about 30min faster then when done in the oven!

I don’t use the plastic basket ones I’m using convection oven types.
I actually have two of them hahahaha they only take up counter space when they are in use otherwise they are cleaned and put away.

They are definitely more for a single person or a two person household.

did some fish in the air fryer last night. results were okay. altho I want to try it again with a different recipe.. I will try again next time with only an egg wash and coat with lays potato chips... the breading I used last night used flour which I didnt like how it turned out in the air fryer but the fish meat itself is juicy and flakey! Which is what I expected it to be like.. if you over cook it will be dry and taste like dog shit.

IMG_5927.jpeg

I cook mine in the air fryer the same way I do them on the barbecue. Flour seasoned with lemon pepper, egg wash then panko bread crumbs seasoned with Italian seasoning. Nice crispy coating without the grease. TC

I don’t know why I didn’t think to ask this earlier….
But on your picture, close to your index finger holding the fish...kinda looks like something that rhymes with cube...

I don’t know why I didn’t think to ask this earlier….
But on your picture, close to your index finger holding the fish...kinda looks like something that rhymes with cube...
Was also flossing my teeth 🤷🏻

I'm probably wrong here, but I thought that you had to add a little bit of oil in the bottom of air fryers. I admit that I'm up in the middle of the night and TV choices are sometimes questionable.......lol

I'm probably wrong here, but I thought that you had to add a little bit of oil in the bottom of air fryers. I admit that I'm up in the middle of the night and TV choices are sometimes questionable.......lol
Do not add oil to the air fryer
Unless you want your house to burn down lol
Also you should only use a bit of olive oil spray on certain items as other non stick sprays will damage the unit

@Derkd9... Agree the air fryer is excellent on any frozen type things especially on the restaurant style fries from Costco. My wife and I both think they taste better than fresh cut done in the deep fryer. I've tried doing fresh cut drizzled with olive oil in the air fryer as well but are nowhere near as good.
pack-shot_56210-25560_rs_drive-thru-fries__57355.1608141412.jpg

The air fryer cooks really nice 3lb-4lb whole chicken, season the chicken 30min breast side down then flip and cook another 30min at 350'F, always comes out juicy and nice. I also like it for frozen fries, hint I do spray the fries down with light coating of canola oil. Other then that I don't use it much

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks