advice for newbie, fishing with kids

dgdm

hi there, I have a new boat and a crew of kids with me. I would like to get out for a test run and keep things pretty risk free as I learn the new boat. I am thinking of going to inner bay or hamilton habour for a cruise and some fishing. any recomendations for long point in terms of tackle to keep a couple of kids entertained? I was thinking of trying to find some perch and rockbass or other small fish, although they would be happy to find a pike or walleye.

for long point I was thinking west inner bay and launching out of akers, which I havent been out of before, I was saving outer bay until after test run, hamilton is an hour closer, was thinking of a cruise and trying to drown some worms on north shore.

Any suggestions without giving away your favourite spot? weather looks good for tomorrow

thanks

@dgdm i just got back from inner bay trolled around for a few hours and caught pike, rock bass, sunfish, a small and large mouth bass ( released all fish). Worms or minnows on a pickerel rig should get the kids some entertainment. Lot of different ramps available. My suggestion Port Rowan. Out of harbour and turn right. Look for a weed bed drop your lines and catch pan fish. You really don’t need to motor very far. Keep in mind east half of bay is sanctuary till 4th sat in June. Have fun.

Rick

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks