A Crappie Supper-March 17

jumbos

Went fishing with my daughter this afternoon for an hour or so at some of the same spots that my parents and sometimes my grandfather took me many many moons ago;)My son wanted to go to his cousins hockey game and missed the action this afternoon, but I am sure I will be making a return visit with him. It started out with some OOS largemouth, that were nothing special. Then Ashley hooks into a monster bucket, this thing was about a four pounder and took everything she had to pull in, even in the cold water. Didn't have the camera with us, so you will have to take our word that it was a biggin:0. I also hooked into another big bucket a little smaller than Ashley's but still very oversized for the waterway we were fishing. I guess you just never know whats in these systemms untill you fish them. I remember small 10" bass, bluegills,perch, and crappie, allthough I probably thought they were some sort of silver sunfish way back then. Things sure can change in 40 or so years. Oh ya we took home enough crappie for our "Crappie Supper" and released a bunch more. Beautiful day out and it was nice to have a daughter/daddy afternoon of fishing, I know as she gets older there will be less and less afternoons like this one.
006-6.jpg

005-7.jpg

Brian (Legend Man)

haven't had a crappie feed in years.that pic make me wanta get my a$$ to the lake and fish the channels of TP.

Good looking stringer Brian. All my favourite crappie holes are now empty so keep this one for the next generation. Actually all of mine were also commercially fished back in the eighties and probably over exploited.

Nice looking string Brian...and great picture with your daughter...sure wish I had a place I can take my boys to for some crappies, as those are exactly in their category8D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks