9.9 or 15hp pro kicker

saltybag2

Thinking of adding a pro kicker to my boat, 1850 sportfish. What would you go with and any pros and cons with either motor? And if you have similar size boat which size kicker are you running?

I have the 9.9 pro kicker on my 18’ Lund and love it. I troll for pennies per hour. My only negative feedback is that it’s cold blooded.

Otherwise thumbs up

Cheers

9.9 on a 24' Limestone. More than enough.

9.9 Pro kicker on my 17.5 Tyee works great. Best investment was the Trollmaster throttle control.

You probably don't need a 15

But weight wise....not much difference
So just price .....and maybe do you plan on buying a bigger boat in future

Thinking of adding a pro kicker to my boat, 1850 sportfish. What would you go with and any pros and cons with either motor? And if you have similar size boat which size kicker are you running?
That should be great.I had a 20’+ Trophy/150 OptiMax from 2000 to 2012 runniing a Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust. It was terrific. It had an alternator keeping the charging battery always up to snuff. It gave great control out on the Georgian Bay winds.

I have the 9.9 On my 1875 Lund which works great but would go 15 if I did it again just because of the EFI. Minimal weight difference and only a few hundred dollars more I believe.

I have a 9.9 prokicker on my 1950 sportfish. Power wise it’s great but as others have said if it were me I’d go with the 15 EFI.

The Mercury 15 EFI ProKicker, Tohatsu MFS15 and Suzuki DF15A are the three 15 hp outboards available with EFI. The Suzuki DF9.9 however is the only 9.9 hp to offer EFI. Both their 9.9 and 15 come with Battery-Less Electronic Fuel Injection and employ Suzuki's unique Lean Burn Control System. They claim Lean Burn gives its outboards a superior selling point over its competitors by providing a wide range of lean burn which enables the outboard to run on less fuel right up into the high speed range. Hope this may provide some help. ?

The Mercury 15 EFI ProKicker, Tohatsu MFS15 and Suzuki DF15A are the three 15 hp outboards available with EFI. The Suzuki DF9.9 however is the only 9.9 hp to offer EFI. Both their 9.9 and 15 come with Battery-Less Electronic Fuel Injection and employ Suzuki's unique Lean Burn Control System. They claim Lean Burn gives its outboards a superior selling point over its competitors by providing a wide range of lean burn which enables the outboard to run on less fuel right up into the high speed range. Hope this may provide some help. ?
Thanks for the input wave runner

9.9 hp Yamaha ,high thrust, long shaft, electric start with power tilt, shifter at the controls.I have one on a 1860 Ranger Angler.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks