$ 6.88 rib sale

I saw that $6.88 in the Metro flyer this week too. Sure hope they have some left when I get paid on Wednesday.

Thanks for the heads up Ozzy111. Tell me this if I was to cut that into 3 x 10lb roasts would you dry age it first as one piece or cut it and dry age each one?

Thanks for the heads up Ozzy111. Tell me this if I was to cut that into 3 x 10lb roasts would you dry age it first as one piece or cut it and dry age each one?
I would dry age it as a whole, then cut as you wish.That's how I do it.Less waste that way

This is the last one I did

Attachments

• D98DCC3C-8733-41F6-9E6F-CB25360FEBB7.jpeg
    D98DCC3C-8733-41F6-9E6F-CB25360FEBB7.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 3926948C-E555-4B0E-B31A-F7F995C037D4.jpeg
    3926948C-E555-4B0E-B31A-F7F995C037D4.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 44
Ive just started to look at this dry aging. Could you give a brief rundown on how you do it? Would it be any good for venison given the lack of fat?

Ozzy111 we went to the Metro in London and the butcher took ours out of the vac bag and trimmed some fat off the cap and a lot more under the cap. Then flipped the cap back on a string tied it about seven times. Then put it in a bag and weighed it after trimming it. Did a really nice job.

Did you cut yours leaving one bone in each piece?

Ive just started to look at this dry aging. Could you give a brief rundown on how you do it? Would it be any good for venison given the lack of fat?

1. Remove roast from packaging, rinse well. Pat completely dry, wrap with 3 layers cheesecloth. Place on a rack on a sheet pan in back of refrigerator, fat side up. After 24 hours, remove, unwrap, discard cheesecloth and wrap with a fresh piece. Place back in refrigerator for 6 to 9 days undisturbed.

Ozzy111 we went to the Metro in London and the butcher took ours out of the vac bag and trimmed some fat off the cap and a lot more under the cap. Then flipped the cap back on a string tied it about seven times. Then put it in a bag and weighed it after trimming it. Did a really nice job.
I bought it as is as I'll trim it myself.

I use U MAI bags.You use them with a vacuum sealer.They have some U tube videos that show and explain it better than I could here.
Anytime you dry age you have a crust on the outside.The larger the piece of meat the better.Most people trim that off.Like a whole leg of venison would be better than back strap.

I'll take a shot at this sometime in the future.

I have a freezer 3/4 full of bargains and the fridge is currently stretching its gaskets. 😁 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks