36V lithium

Will 60Ah last long enough for a day on the water trolling or jigging the D?

Dakota says if you rarely run your trolling motor at max power a single 36V 60Ah Life Po4 battery will give you a full day of casual run time. If you are running at max power often, using spot lock often, or regularly fish in heavy current (like on the "D") you want 100 amp hours or more.

Dakota says if you rarely run your trolling motor at max power a single 36V 60Ah Life Po4 battery will give you a full day of casual run time. If you are running at max power often, using spot lock often, or regularly fish in heavy current (like on the "D") you want 100 amp hours or more.

Thanks wave runner, I’m a 100AH kinda guy then

Alternator charger from Minnkota has a LiFePO4 option. I got into LiFePO4 batteries for ice fishing this year and there are two things I did not know .
1. They don't recommend leaving those batteries on trickle charge for storage ( they actually say best to store at 80% charge)
2. Batteries with BMS built in will go to a hibernation mode and may become unusable if they are not used for over 2 months

Not sure if it applies for 60/100Ah batteries but this was in the manual for 20Ah and 15Ah from Amped Outdoors.

Alternator charger from Minnkota has a LiFePO4 option. I got into LiFePO4 batteries for ice fishing this year and there are two things I did not know .
1. They don't recommend leaving those batteries on trickle charge for storage ( they actually say best to store at 80% charge)
2. Batteries with BMS built in will go to a hibernation mode and may become unusable if they are not used for over 2 months

Not sure if it applies for 60/100Ah batteries but this was in the manual for 20Ah and 15Ah from Amped Outdoors.
Thanks for sharing Centerspin. What is BMS mean? Thanks.

Thanks for sharing Centerspin. What is BMS mean? Thanks.
Hi, this is Battery Management System. Prevents over charge or even switched polarity damage. When I was making a wiring for parallel connecting two 20 ah batteries I accodentally short cirquited one. Theres a scar on a terminal connector now, but the battery is fine;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks