3-Bank Chargers!

walleyeman

Hi Guys! I was told by a couple of people to hook up your charger to a 120-volt outlet and leave the charger on all winter long during storage. The question of concern is -if I do this will it or could this potentially fry my batteries! I had the Dual-Pro 3-Bank installed on my boat last year and the manufacturer recommends to do this during storage! Your thoughts please guys! Thanks for your feedback-Walleyeman!

No. They will not fry your batteries. The way Chargers are designed now especially in the last 5 years or so they've become "smart Chargers" they get set on auto and it'll charge at 12amp if really dead. Then 6 amp. Then do a 2 amp trickle. It lets energy flow through the battery to keep it from freezing and In good condition. Or at least that's my theory ?

Ypu won't have a problem
I run a minkota 3 bank smart charger
It will run your batreries down every 30 day
And recharge it , as well maintenance charge

Hey Guys- Thanks a lot for the feedback and thoughts! Greatly appreciated! I guess I am doing the right thing by keeping it plugged! Walleyeman.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks