210 kg Radium Black

cmac

Taken just north of the property less then 1 hr. into it. Marlin 45-70

Wow. That's a big black bear! Congrats on a great looking animal! Hope you didn't hurt your back.

hey cmac thats a great big black bear..good for you!!!...looks like a massive head shot kill...was it up close? I know of an american bear hunter at hunt camp usin that very same rifle and calibre and seen the damage that can do...omg.. That is quit the large grain bullet...lol

I have shot just 2 bears... and I got one hell of a rush shootin both at such close range...those were wow moments for sure...lol

Last edited:
mick, that's just shy of average weight for male black bears from the B.C, interior as they eat very well and don't rely on dumpsters, besides, our dumpsters are bear proof. The biggest black I know of personally was 267 kg. taken in the Malakwa area in south central interior, guessing 5 hrs. from Radium...he was big!
WinSX3Tom, winch and snatch block...it's your best friend out there as there are no shortage of very big trees around. :)
However, stumbled upon this bugger and it was decided upon to let it alone. Looks like he's going to perhaps struggle with the on-coming winter if he doesn't fatten up real soon. Notice the rib cage...should be fatter then that at this time of year.

Last edited:
Beautiful animal! Was it a head shot? I couldn't possibly wreck such a beautiful skull! I suppose lots of folks couldn't wreck a delicious heart. Priorities!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks