2015 Perch Possession Limit

Hey, good find @Big Dave. That should make your US customers a little more willing to make the drive up (along with their strong dollar and cheap gas). Somebody better warn the perch!

It should be good for a lot of things |Including our ice fishing season.

Nice to see them out getting fish!

im not 100% but when tranporting fish, you can not exceed your daily limit. may want to contact MNR to verify that though.
had similar issue with grouse, got stopped while going from one moose hunting camp to another! they said no way of knowing if the 15 birds i had were shot without exceeding daily limit of 5.
got off with a warning

im not 100% but when tranporting fish, you can not exceed your daily limit. may want to contact MNR to verify that though.
had similar issue with grouse, got stopped while going from one moose hunting camp to another! they said no way of knowing if the 15 birds i had were shot without exceeding daily limit of 5.
got off with a warning
Good point!

Or maybe you got off with a warning due to there was no way they could prove you violated the law.
I've never seen any law stating you are only allowed to transport a daily limit if the possession limit is larger than the daily limit.

it used to be all you needed was proof that you fished for two days as in a motel bill or two days
bait receipts when you fished on lake simcoe

Hasn't that been the way it's always been?
Maybe I'm missing something here.
That last sentence is a little vague.
100 in your freezer is 100, know?
100 from Erie and 100 from Simcoe together in your freezer,
I'd like to see that fought out in court.???

Catch and Possession Limits – The catch limit is the number of fish you
are allowed to catch and keep in one day and includes fish that are not
immediately released and any fish eaten or given away. The possession
limit is the number you are allowed to have in your possession on hand,
in cold storage, in transit, or anywhere. Possession limits are the same
as one day’s catch limit except where otherwise specified.

No matter where you caught them if you have over 100 in your personal possession your over your personal possession limit.
You don't have a personal possession limit for every body of water fished.
That being said everyone who lives in the residence has a sports fishing possession limit unless they hold a conservation license.
Gifting fish can be to anyone after which they are not part of your possession limit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks