Off Topic 2011 E-tec 115 HP Engine

Skipper

Driving out of Turkey point Marina yesterday my 115 HP E-Tec motor trimmed up to it's highest position and would not go down and continued to lift up constantly.I turned off the engine but still the power that lifts the engine still continued to lift up so i had to disconnect the battery.
Any suggestions to fix this? (Bad Trim switch or Relay)

I'd suggest looking at the trim switch or relay. ;)

I had this happen once turned out to be the trim swtich on the bow was shorting out. Salvaged that day by just unplugging it. Later sprayed it with contact cleaner and compressed air and was fine until I sold the boat.

Driving out of Turkey point Marina yesterday my 115 HP E-Tec motor trimmed up to it's highest position and would not go down and continued to lift up constantly.I turned off the engine but still the power that lifts the engine still continued to lift up so i had to disconnect the battery.
Any suggestions to fix this? (Bad Trim switch or Relay)
Just went thru this issue. I had a faulty trim switch at on throttle at console. Guys in Nilestown replaced the switch. $20 part.

Thank-you for your quick replies.I will check my trim switch at the console first and hopefully that will be the problem.

Could be the trim relays. Try swapping the up and down relays. If motor goes down continuously then you know it is the relay. Love my 115Hp E-tec.

had it happen on 2008, 225hp. It was the trim switch on the side of the motor. To test it you can unplug the wiring at the switch and then use the one the on throttle handle. If everything works then it is a good bet that it is the switch on the motor.

Just went thru this issue. I had a faulty trim switch at on throttle at console. Guys in Nilestown replaced the switch. $20 part.
How much was the bill. I had a 115$ part replaced there it cost me 1500 $ and no boat for 7 weeks

I did it myself. The old connector has to be removed from the old switch and installed on the new switch which just metal pin contacts on the end of the wires. you need a thin jewelers screwdriver to sneak in the back of the connector and release each of the contacts from the connector. Just make sure you right down colour pattern before you start.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks