200 kg Black

cmac

My daughter's boyfriend second black and first field hide. Stood 7' 3" @ 203 kg. biggest yet. Used a Marlin 45-70 lever ...notice the third eye. They had an eye to eye stand off at 25'...reason for the clean shot. Too close for comfort as far as I'm concerned!

PB030001.jpg

My daughter figured out the photo posting for me:D

This is a fishing forum just a little FYI.....aka that post has absolutely no business here......IMO

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Bones

This is a fishing forum just a little FYI.....aka that post has absolutely no business here......IMO

well, this forum also has a section devoted to hunting waterfowl...

considering many of the members here are also into hunting, i'll assume you're not going to get many people to back up your statement. if you don't like it, don't look ;)

nice bear. and yes, 25ft is just a tad close.

Sorry Fish Bones, I am a fisherman (person) not a hunter and I was not aware of the separate forum for hunting. Thanks for the information. I just thought this would be an interesting picture to share with the forum members as ch312 mentioned, many members are hunters as well. I hope I didn't offend anybody.

Incidentally, is there a separate forum to post pictures of the surrounding area...not containing hunting or fishing topics?

cheers,
Mike

No real harm done ,but I agree with fishbones even though we may both be kicked off.

i like to fish and hunt .like your pic and nice having something to look at don't seem to be many fishing story's as of late.thanks for taking the time to post

Hi all, I'm glad you enjoyed the photo and again, my apologies for posting to the wrong forum. CMAC is new to 68 and I was not aware that the bear should have been posted to the water fowl forum. I thought it was strictly water fowl.
millwrog82, yes it was a tense moment. He stocked the bear into the woods, lost sight of it, then with gun up to his face, slowly turned around and there it was. He said after a second or two, which seemed like forever, he took the shot.Of course, he played it down however all hunters will agree...it's a hunters worst case scenario! I am very grateful it turned out the way it did so my future son-in-law can wed my daughter and give me some grand kids.:)
angler, I'm sure you will not be kicked off this forum for your guidance to where a new member should be posting photos. Without your kind guidance, I would not know...thanks again.

So, last question is, can I post photos of the area on this fishing forum ? Please advise.

cheers,
Mike

Everyone has an opinion. This is a public venue. You can't pleas all the people all the time. I liked the photo, nice going!

As my 17 year old daughter would say. OMG.

So this is a Fishing Forum. No hunting allowed! Come on guys and gals. The weather has been too nice to Ice Fish and too bad to Boat Fish. Maybe a little Cabin Fever is sliding in.

I want to thank cmac for his story and picture. If someone is offended that he put this on the Forum I would like to know why in a respectfull manner.

All the best in the New Year regardless of your opinion.

Cheers, Clark

There's always been (at least as long as I have been a member) Non fishing related posts in the fishing reports section and this is not the first hunting post ,Not sure why it's a problem now? I don't hunt but have no issue with a pic like this it's something I would rarely see if it wasn't posted here. I can't speak for everyone but I would hate to see a bunch of different sub forums like other boards .

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Hi all,
My intentions with this post are for purely entertainment purposes not controversy.However, both sides have a valid argument. Big game theoretically does not fit the fishing forum profile nor does it fit the water fowl forum profile.Take note, it's water fowl and could not find any big game in that forum. Therefore, big game is in a grey zone...doesn't really fit in either. Now having said this and taking into consideration big game posts on 68 are few and far in between, maybe we can all just except them in either forum for what they really are...an interesting thread which is rare in appearance. Here in B.C., we have fishing and big game, (bear, moose, deer/elk) and no water fowl and I just wanted to share this rare thread with you all. I respect and appreciate both opinions.
Thanks for all remarks posted and glad it was enjoyed for the most part.

cheers,
Mike

Nice picture and story of the bear skin. Always enjoy looking at some cool pics. Some guys need to lighten up. If you don't like it, don't look.
Moose.jpg

Maybe Stomp could consider a little change to this forum and call it Fishing and Outdoors Report. That way everone would be happy because one way or another we are all outdoors people.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

To to clarify things here, cmac I am not offended by the post. I realize people enjoy hunting and I'm not opposed to the idea however I also have no interest in seeing this kind of stuff here on this FISHING FORUM, and before you know it there could be 100 guys posting pics of there latest kills which really has no place inside a fishing forum. :D

I fish & hunt waterfoul.....{if it fly's it dies} & don't hunt big game..But I enjoyed the pic & story....I'd say most pics here are enjoyed by most, ..... That's great to have a person from B.C. on this thread, ..Welcome .. A lot of the guys posting here are from Southern Ontario.. Keep the photos coming is my feeling...

If Cans r flyin,they will b dyin...

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom

Nice picture and story of the bear skin. Always enjoy looking at some cool pics. Some guys need to lighten up. If you don't like it, don't look.
Moose.jpg

That's a great pic.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Welcome cmac, from the serene province of British Columbia! I too enjoyed your bear pics as well as the exciting story of the hunt. Hunting and fishing have always been a great part of our Canadian heritage which most of us outdoorsman on this forum can relate to without complaint. We live in a wonderful free country where the majority still rules. As you can plainly see, you do have the support of the overwelming majority on this topic so feel free to share.

I love fishing but my real passion is hunting. :p

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks