1st Timer, Launching out of Port Burwell

Jltcdn

1st timer launching out of Port Burwell tomorrow morning. Any tips you can provide would be much appreciated. Plan out being on the water around 8am.

Just follow all the other boats and give er shit at the end of the pier. Deeper hole there to get the boat on plane. If nobody is in front of you. Follow the natural course of the river . When you come around the corner and see the lake stay in the middle or cheat to the left.

8am could be really busy on a Saturday. Go for 6am or 10ish to reduce the crowds. Takeout around 1-2pm also busy. Late afternoon/evening less. Big Otter, North side has more parking than the South side of the bridge launch. Have everything ready to go at the launch and don't be "that guy"...😉

Last edited:
STAY WITHIN THE CHANNEL MARKERS!!!!

Exit out through the last markers and enter the same way, DO NOT try to cut into the channel from the side, you will get an unpleasant surprise.

There's basically no depth outside of the markers, it's all sand but you don't want to go there. 🌻

Hahahaha . Yes I would think anybody who took the boater's exam would know how to stay between Green and Red marker's. But you never know.

That’s funny, I was quizzing a young buck I took out today as he has his boater licence. ‘What’s the rule on entering port??’…. Crickets… though I met a few ‘seasoned veterans’ on the water that should get the boating right-of-way sticker at the helm to remind them when they are obliged to give way…

Hahahaha . Yes I would think anybody who took the boater's exam would know how to stay between Green and Red marker's. But you never know.
Too funny the boat in front of me this morning burning more than cigarettes went to the right of the marker on the way out and ran aground pretty quick with twin 50’s. I had a chuckle and went by them in the proper zone.

A lot on the water don’t know the RED & GREEN rule, and most don’t give a sh-t…..

Too funny the boat in front of me this morning burning more than cigarettes went to the right of the marker on the way out and ran aground pretty quick with twin 50’s. I had a chuckle and went by them in the proper zone.

"I told you not to be stupid you moron." (Ben Stern) 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks