Fishing Report 1st run of 2024. Erie east for Deep water Perch.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched at sugerloaf then out to the captain's way point for an afternoon jigg in 60+fow for a couple man limit and then some. Couldn't ask for a better day to get the ball rolling. 20240407_201311.jpg20240407_214425.jpgManaged to take some on the jigging rap when the bite was hot which is always the most fun but mostly on classic perch set up, couple hooks, couple minnows and 1oz sinker to the bottom then wait.. tap.. tap..TapTap! Set!!

Thanks for posting Six-Grand, Hope to be out there tomorrow.
Id be out there today if they hadn't close Port Colbourne for people staring at the sun.:mad:o_O:doctor:☠️
Plus they advertised it was closed yesterday????

Last edited:
Launched at sugerloaf then out to the captain's way point for an afternoon jigg in 60+fow for a couple man limit and then some. Couldn't ask for a better day to get the ball rolling. View attachment 85572View attachment 85571Managed to take some on the jigging rap when the bite was hot which is always the most fun but mostly on classic perch set up, couple hooks, couple minnows and 1oz sinker to the bottom then wait.. tap.. tap..TapTap! Set!!

Hey @Fish Farmer
Did you get out ?
I seen your mssg at Tim's parking lot on the way home waiting on my buddy to grab coffee

The day started with no ramps in at crystal beach, water is low to get to the little sandy area in the corner to pick up my buddy if I put the boat in there after he parked the trailer

Minnows we got but only a few buckets had the larger size I like the rest were on the smaller size
Don't get me wrong not complaining about the bait shop it's a awesome place 24 hours open love it ,

Ofter couldn't put the boat in at crystal beach off to Port Colborne, got there only 2 others who were putting in , no pay machine, office not open , stupid app to download that says no available rates 🙄?? Wtf ? ,
I said fck it we are going my wife will call them after 8:30 and inquire about it / pay for ramp fee
She got back to me via text it's free till April 15th that's why no available rates 🙄👍😜

We were on the water by 7:00 am and the search began, out to 60 to 68 fow blank screen , headed east to my previous waypoints find some marks stayed on them for 20 minutes 0 bites , ok this is not the spot , kept moving east to multiple previous way points well past point abino almost to windmill point , Hey 😁 finally the screen is lit up, by than it's 10:30 drop rig down hits the bottom close the bail pick up slack line , 👍 👏 😀 yes fish on
That went on for about an hour we pulled 50 ish fish , than it slowed down , had to leave by 12:30 as my buddy had to be home at a certain time , all good we got perch had a beautiful day on the water , and a lot of fun , great start of the season

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks