Search results

1. M

Burwell on the 22nd

Was able to get out with my Brother and my youngest Son on Saturday. Launched out of Big Otter and ran straight out to 58 fow. Set up a copper spoon on 5 colour and was letting line out on the next lead core rod when the first one fired. 5 colour straight out the back, alternated the dipsys...
  2. M

Finally Back On The Water

Our the first trip out this year on the May long weekend the old Johnson Faststrike packed it in. Turned out to be carb issues and finding new carbs for it would be like winning the lottery so we began the search for a used motor. After a few weeks we found a 20" Etec 150. The mechanic that I...
  3. M

XD 100

Out with my son a few weeks back and thought we were going have to run the kicker all the way into port. We are running a Johnson 150 FastStrike, ran great on our way out but come time to head in it was hard starting, would not idle and wouldn't run higher than 4k rpm and smoking like mad. It...
  4. M

Reverse Seared Steak

I needed some pellets and charcoal so off I went to Strodes on Saturday. It was a beatiful day and wanted to grill somthing so I grabbed 4 ribeyes while there. Season with salt and pepper only and bring to room temp. My wife likes her steak cooked to death so on the gas grill it went with the...
  5. M

Saturday AM

Took a friend and my son out on Saturday. We were up at 4:30, on the road to Maitland by 5:10 and as we were coming into Cayuga I heard a squeal from the trailer. Caught a spark from the passnger side wheel in the mirror so pulled over to have a look. As soon as I got out of the truck I could...
  6. M

Off Topic What Paint

Last summer we picked up a older Princecraft 196 Super Pro. The hull is solid, no loose rivets, no leaks but the paint is showing it's age and the boat has a lot of dock rash. My question is what type of paint do I use to repaint? An epoxy? Enamel? SOmeone suggested anti-fouling paint but I have...
  7. M

Friday Night Port Maitland

My oldest boy was playing in a ball tourney on Saturday so he talked me into running down to Maitland on Friday after work with him and his little brother. In the water at the public launch a little past 6:30 and back at the ramp just before 9 with 10 in the well. Ripplins, greasy chicken and...
  8. M

Fishing trawler makes huge catch.

Pretty cool story in the local paper today. Reminder to keep a good set of wire cutters handy. If this had been a small craft with downriggers who knows....... http://m.thespec.com/news-story/5616887-fishing-trawler-makes-huge-catch-of-the-day
  9. M

Looking for Some Advice

Heading out to Lake O in the morning with my Father in-law in the morning to try some trolling. He bought a 17 Wilker years ago that came with 3 electric down riggers. The guy threw in 2 rods and a bunch of spoons as well. Dad has never really used this stuff and he's gotten the itch to try...
  10. M

Turkey Point

Hi All, I've been lurking this site for a long time now and have to say thanks to you all for your reports. I've learned a bunch from you all. There's been a lot of reports on the perch fishing west of long point and it's good to see the luck you're having. I want to take my boys out Monday...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks