Search results

1. A

Fishing with boards and mast

Fish Whisperer. good points indeed. For those running big boards do you find that the hook up rate off teh boards goes down after the release trips (when compared to running lines off the back of the boat)? I notice that my lines will sometimes release but no one is home when you take up the...
  2. A

the true trip 30s and 40s work well off the big boards. they only run straight so its straight down they go. Your boards must be able to pull and track well. Also the clips system you use is a key factor. I bought the mini scotty releases after trying different methods. They work well for me.
  3. A

Btw what i really like about the downriggers is that you end up fighting the fish with no added weights so you get the true feel of the fish. Plus you can go deep if need be.
  4. A

last year was my first full year with boards and mast on my boat. it takes time to get used to them and to figure out what works and what doesn't. it is a system that is really set up for a larger boat with lots of room and where you are fishing with 3 or more people. otherwise i would go to...
  5. A

Fisherman and hunters

As long as you respect the waterfowlers by keeping a good distance, there should be no issues. As a fisherman and hunter I understand both angles but its the lack of common sense or courtesy that causes me fits. Years ago I was duck hunting down the Bay of Quinte in October on a (too) beautiful...
  6. A

Port Maitland Walleye

fished west of maitland on Wednesday toward Nanticoke. 90 - 110 fow. 9 eyes, all big fish. had 7 by 11am and then they turned off. the water is starting to cool and the fish will scatter accordingly. one thing I noticed for the very first time was a distinct thermocline on my fishfinder down...
  7. A

HOOVERS WALLEYE SHOOTOUT 19TH SEPT

thanks for the information.
  8. A

HOOVERS WALLEYE SHOOTOUT 19TH SEPT

So what was the word on what caught the most fish?? Cranks, worm harnesses? High or Deep?
  9. A

Loving Erieau

great tips. i will save this thread for future reference.
  10. A

Loving Erieau

Some great reports! I have a question about targeting bows. Do you run strictly spoons? Any tipped with worms? Is lead behind the boat important? I pick up the odd bow targeting eyes but never went after them specifically.
  11. A

The Elbow to Maitland - Where to go?

Perfect day on the water. light chop most of the day. ended up 6 for 6. all big fish. deep at 90fow. all taken of riggers and meat. lots of fish on the graph but they were tight lipped for the most part. some boats reported good boxes, others not so much.
  12. A

The Elbow to Maitland - Where to go?

So tomorrow is calling for near dead calm water so I am going to give it one last go. Can those of you who have been fishing this area offer any suggestions as per depth, techniques, waypoints (HAHA joking), etc. Will report back after the carnage is over.
  13. A

fresh water clams

no sure but there may be harvest restrictions on clams. Better to check the regs.
  14. A

Aluminum boat welding

Whoever does the work should have experience in TIG welding on thin aluminum. The race car guys would be good at it.
  15. A

September heat wave adding to Lake Erie algae bloom's rapid spread

That used to be the message that was drilled into us on the east coast when scientists and some politicians were warning about the impending collapse of the cod fishery. Don't blame the fisherman was the battle cry. Well the lobby groups that pushed that one were the large fleets that had the...
  16. A

Check out Exeter Radar

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?latitude=44.26&longitude=-85.4&zoomLevel=8&opacity=1&basemap=0014&layers=0039
  17. A

Port Glasgow - 09/03 (or Port Glasgoooo)

They know how to stop most of it but its a political battle that would be hard to win. Runoff from todays farming and industrial practices still amount to the majority of these blooms. Too much phosphorus and other nutrients overloading the swallow part of lake erie. Combined with the summer...
  18. A

Live report port franks

I'm with you. We need more of "this is the best place to live on earth" attitude. We have gotten too complaciant in our "let's blame it on someone else" society that our politicians like to push. Love the man chest haha.
  19. A

Sunday Walleye Report

Last week i had a newbie on board. He reeled in 2 x 7.5 pound pickeral. one on a dipsey with the heavier dipsy setup, the other on a harness only light tackle reel (came off a downrigger). The fish off the downrigger was the clear favorite to fight. Although both fish tasted the same.:D HAHA
  20. A

Port Bruce water report: What's the wind, waves, weather, water condition updates

Most boats head out so far you cannot see them from shore. Also, see Stomps sticky weather update at the top of the home page. He usually posts current conditions every morning.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks