Search results

1. R

Sombra/detroit river

I have stayed at Cathcart and fished St Clair River in summer, in the past. Have had success trolling edge of drop offs and weedlines with worm harnesses for walleye and smallmouth. Vertical jigging also works. You want to watch the tap water at the park. We have found it over-chlorinated...
  2. R

Solar Trolling Motor Charging

Thanks for this info. Could you clarify your set up for me as I'm also running 2 x 12v batteries in series. Wondered what you use for panels. Do you run from panels to charge controller to the 2 bank charger? Thanks in advance.
  3. R

Port Bruce

Sad yes, but one has to wonder why they were out there when every forecast around clearly predicted a storm of this intensity. Stay safe folks.
  4. R

Fishing Report Saint Clair river 05-06

G.Mech -- Thanks for the report. I'm hoping to take a run this week.
  5. R

Sun was shining bright enough for me today

Wildfire - Grimsby Tackle had an online seminar last week about early, shallow water, trolling for brown Trout and Salmon. I believe the link to the video can be found on their website. The short answer is ... no, you don't need down riggers, and yes, these fish are in reach for folks with small...
  6. R

I am taking a break for now,from Walleye fishing

Red Herring -- I just happen to have a lovely 12' Lowe with an 8hp Johnson that I plan to fish that area when the water settles and season reopens. I'm retiring the end of March and will have open seats if you want to chase a few eyes then.
  7. R

Off Topic Boat Mechanic Needed

My Yamaha 60 did that this spring. My mechanic in Lambeth told me to check fuses in motor since I had no power to tilt, or start, yet power everywhere else. There are three fuses in the motor, one 20 watt fuse was toast. Replaced and PRESTO ... power. Always carry spare fuses.
  8. R

Off Topic Lund boats are they worth the extra

I run a 2006 Lund 1600 Alaskan with 60hp Yamaha tiller and love it. Might not be the best boat for big, wide open water, but I enjoy eastern and northern Georgian Bay in the islands, and places like Temagami. Hard to beat the Lund in that kind of water. Light enough to pull up on the rock...
  9. R

Fishing with Momma.

Well done. Nice looking eyes.
  10. R

Off Topic Rod storage during travel

I use a rod sleeve and a reel cover on mine, and then bundle the rods together with elastic cords and carry in bottom of boat. They are strong when bundled, and protected by sleeve and covers. Works great and I travel from SW Ontario as far as Geraldton, Temagami and Georgian Bay in the year.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks