Search results

1. C

St.Williams, Any Safe Ice?

is there any good ice on Simcoe?
  2. C

fresh water clams

I think I would try ones from the cold clear waters of the north before I tried them from the toilet waters of southern Ontario
  3. C

Lake Kipawa QC 3 Seasons Camp

We were on Lake Kipawa last year, at Chalets Dianne, right in Laniel. Beautiful area, huge lake. We also hit bottom, but it was farther down the lake, and luckily no damage. We didn't get lots of fish but had a great time trying. Both the Ministry and the Provincial Police were on the water...
  4. C

Family day team effort - Simcoe

I had a similar problem with a propane heater a few years back. when it gets too cold propane doesn't want to work. not sure if it's the low pressure in the 1lbers or just due to the temperature
  5. C

Refilling 1 Lb propane tank

Never understood why the 1lbers couldn't be recycled and professionally refilled. It's unbelievable how many are left at the Provincial parks when we are camping. And then there are the ones that are just thrown in the garbage. I try not to use them, stick to the 20lbs. but always have a couple...
  6. C

Today's Sat Photo

Oh okay, can see it now. had to put my glasses on.
  7. C

LPB Jan 26th Report + Electric Auger Report

Are there gears in the plate or is it run straight from the drill?
  8. C

Today's Sat Photo

are those the pressure cracks in the bay? they look fairly wide, are they really that wide?
  9. C

Another Simcoe white fish show

where do you go out from? I used to go with my Father-in-law and we used to go out of Jackson's Point, but we got tired of driving for 3 hours there, getting skunked and then 3 hours back home. we did have some good days too
  10. C

Ice Conditions

Checked the Old Cut web cam about 12:30 and there were a couple of trucks loading up their stuff off of Dickinson Creek. I wouldn't think that it is thick enough yet to be out. looked at North Bay Nugget and there was a truck and sled went through on Monday
  11. C

Smelt

I remember going to the lake with the family when I was a kid to catch smelt. Does anybody still do this?
  12. C

interesting Question

I was wondering the same thing, when all the muskie pics were on earlier. I didn't think you were allowed to take a picture, just unhook the fish and release. Now if your buddy in the boat just happened to snap a pic as you were lifting it up and out of the boat...
  13. C

LPB in the MNR news.

On March 15, there were 3 of them around Old Cut, and they were all riding machines alot newer than mine.
  14. C

Boaters on Long Point Bay are advised to exercise caution when they venture onto the lake.

couple of questions, what do the CO's do if they come across a hut that doesn't have a number on it during the season? and were they out checking ice-fisherman after March 15? if so they would know that these huts had been abandoned and their locations. how is this different than leaving an...
  15. C

FINALLY...someone who catches more perch than Big Dave

that's probably more fish than got caught in the bay all winter, lol
  16. C

Port dover ice fishing

So, does that mean the outfitters will be done on the 15th?
  17. C

Booths cam

I think they need to install a horn at old cut camera, that can be remotely triggered. When a viewer sees somebody taking a wiz, they can blow the horn and watch them jump
  18. C

St williams

Son and I were out of Old Cut today, saw a few fish but they weren't biting our minnows. Ministry was also on the lake today, so don't forget to have your licenses with you. Had a chuckle when one of them got stuck in a big drift and the other had to pull him out
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks