Search results

1. the drifter56

Lake St.clair help.

I have fished St. Clair in the past with great success. We are fishing out of Mitchell's Bay. Our fishing time is going to be greatly reduced due to high winds today and tomorrow. We haven't seen a fish so far. Casting body baits is our main method of fishing but we have done quite a bit of...
  2. the drifter56

St. Clair satellite images

I'm heading to St. Clair tomorrow morning and I would like to see a current image of the lake to see areas of color. Can anyone help me out with a link to the Noaa page that will show me St Clair. I found the site page but it would not give me the desired detail when I zoomed in. Any help...
  3. the drifter56

Mohawk island

Due to a heart attack and a devastating house fire, I have not been able to fish much in the last three years. When I was finally able to get out last year I relied heavily upon the information that was shared on this site. It's an awesome concept, fishermen helping fishermen. I...
  4. the drifter56

Off Topic Has anybody been fishing the elbow for walleye or do I need to head to Crystal beach area?

Planning on going out tomorrow morning and would love some help finding fish. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  5. the drifter56

Lake St. Clair

Are the shad in the Thames river yet?
  6. the drifter56

Off Topic Speed vs wake?

Ediquet question. I launched at the dam in Dunville yesterday. Traveling to the lake I had to maneuver past many vessels fishing. My boat leaves virtually no wake at 2/3 throttle (approx 40 mph) but leaves a 2' wake at less than that. My question is that I feel that 40 mph is too fast to...
  7. the drifter56

Please help

Good morning, I have not been here for a long while. Two years ago I suffered a heart attack and a week later I lost my house to a fire. Health is back and home has been rebuilt. I am finally ready to start fishing again but have no idea where the fish are. I'm near Port Maitland and any...
  8. the drifter56

Bluffs bar help

Tragedy has hit our family with a vengeance this year, I have yet to be able to put my boat into the water. On mother's day I had a very severe heart attack and underwent emergency surgery. Exactly one week later my home was taken by a fire. I would like to get my wife and son away from the...
  9. the drifter56

St. Clair ????

Hi. I am heading to St. Clair In a couple of weeks and I am wondering if anyone has any reports on the Muskie fishing. I have been told that the lake water is quite a bit higher this year, how does this effect the muskie? We primarily cast the Mitchell's Bay area , any help would greatly...
  10. the drifter56

Year class

Im trying to learn as much as I can about this sport and was hoping that someone could help me out. The walleye that I have been catching here at Port Maitland are around 28 " long and I would like to know what year lass that they are from? Any help would be appreciated. Mike
  11. the drifter56

Bluffs pike

I have never fished for pike at Bluffs. . Am I too late for this season? Any advice would be great. Thanks Mike
  12. the drifter56

Lake St. Clair Muskie? ???

I am confused about the habits of Muskie in the late fall. Where do they go when the weeds start to die and the water cools? I like to cast for these monsters and have had good success in late September but am struggling now. Any suggestions would be great. Mike
  13. the drifter56

St.Clair Muskie capital of the world. ( for now )

Myself and three friends went to Mitchel's Bay last week. We had an awesome first day , boating several 40 + muskie and one 51 incher. Then the weather turned, 3-4 foot waves and a lake that looked like chocolate milk. but we fought the weather and boated a few more fish. All our fish were...
  14. the drifter56

St.Clair Musky

I'm heading to St.Clair in one week . I was wondering if anyone would share some tips such as what the hot lures were or where to fish first .
  15. the drifter56

Anyone fishing the Elbow ?

I'm trying to get my sons out for some walleye this afternoon. Has anyone fished the elbow lately ?
  16. the drifter56

Lightning

I've seen in recent weather forecasts that there was a potential for lightning. Has the Port Bruce area had any lightning ? How does this affect the walleye fishing?
  17. the drifter56

Sunday Port Bruce ????

I've got cabin fever after the last few days :grumpy: and was wondering if I could get some advice from the fishermen local to Port Bruce. The winds still look a little strong and out of the north tomorrow morning, does anyone feel that the lake will calm down enough to get out to the walleyes...
  18. the drifter56

Touchy Question.

I fished out of Port Bruce Friday for the first time this season and was totally impressed with the service at the ramp. Keep up the great work guys. I was there at first lite and on my way out I passed several moored charter boats, these boats had all their rods rigged with what appeared to...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks