Search results

1. the drifter56

St. Clair muskie

I'm going to try to get from Mitchell's Bay to the Thames tomorrow if winds permit it. Can you give me any advice without upsetting your fishing partners ? We have had a very tough time this year and haven't even raised a fish.
  2. the drifter56

Lake St.clair help.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. I tried the mouth of the Thames yesterday, both casting and trolling. We saw the boat next to us land a small fish but that was the only one with approx 12 boats fishing the area. I'm afraid that maybe I am throwing the wrong baits. Any favorite baits?
  3. the drifter56

Lake St.clair help.

I have fished St. Clair in the past with great success. We are fishing out of Mitchell's Bay. Our fishing time is going to be greatly reduced due to high winds today and tomorrow. We haven't seen a fish so far. Casting body baits is our main method of fishing but we have done quite a bit of...
  4. the drifter56

St. Clair satellite images

That's a lot clearer image. Thanks.
  5. the drifter56

St. Clair satellite images

I'm heading to St. Clair tomorrow morning and I would like to see a current image of the lake to see areas of color. Can anyone help me out with a link to the Noaa page that will show me St Clair. I found the site page but it would not give me the desired detail when I zoomed in. Any help...
  6. the drifter56

Mohawk island

Due to a heart attack and a devastating house fire, I have not been able to fish much in the last three years. When I was finally able to get out last year I relied heavily upon the information that was shared on this site. It's an awesome concept, fishermen helping fishermen. I...
  7. the drifter56

Off Topic Has anybody been fishing the elbow for walleye or do I need to head to Crystal beach area?

Thanks for the info. I had not considered lake trout as an option.
  8. the drifter56

Off Topic Has anybody been fishing the elbow for walleye or do I need to head to Crystal beach area?

Planning on going out tomorrow morning and would love some help finding fish. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  9. the drifter56

Lake St. Clair

Nice. Just sitting in Mitchell's Bay cottage wondering where to fish out of this wind.
  10. the drifter56

Lake St. Clair

Are the shad in the Thames river yet?
  11. the drifter56

Fishing Report Boat help

I would recommend Sea Foam to everyone and for any engine, large or small, 2 or 4 stroke. It almost sounds too good to be true but it really works. Give it a try.
  12. the drifter56

Off Topic Speed vs wake?

Once again, my apologies.
  13. the drifter56

Hot day on the water, even hotter on the trip home....

Fire is a scary thing. I am glad to hear that you're okay.
  14. the drifter56

Off Topic Speed vs wake?

Ediquet question. I launched at the dam in Dunville yesterday. Traveling to the lake I had to maneuver past many vessels fishing. My boat leaves virtually no wake at 2/3 throttle (approx 40 mph) but leaves a 2' wake at less than that. My question is that I feel that 40 mph is too fast to...
  15. the drifter56

Please help

Finally made it out around 3 pm after a last minute battery issue. Launched in Dunville and headed for the lake. Lots of boats fishing for perch east of the pier, but not a boat in sight out deep. I headed east and set up in 70 feet of water just west of Port Colborne. Not another boat in...
  16. the drifter56

Please help

Good morning, I have not been here for a long while. Two years ago I suffered a heart attack and a week later I lost my house to a fire. Health is back and home has been rebuilt. I am finally ready to start fishing again but have no idea where the fish are. I'm near Port Maitland and any...
  17. the drifter56

Bluffs bar help

Tragedy has hit our family with a vengeance this year, I have yet to be able to put my boat into the water. On mother's day I had a very severe heart attack and underwent emergency surgery. Exactly one week later my home was taken by a fire. I would like to get my wife and son away from the...
  18. the drifter56

Fishing Report Live @ St Clair

Great day guys! What was your trolling speed, if you don't mind me asking? Did you make it as far east as the Thames? I'm heading to Mitchells Bay tomorrow A.M. and I am trying to plan my attack. Too bad that I missed the front but great advice. Life gets in the way sometimes. Tight...
  19. the drifter56

lake nippissing

“By taking action on our own fishery it gives us more leverage and influence." It is great that the Chief is making a stand, but did anyone else have a shiver run down their backs when they read this Quote?
  20. the drifter56

St. Clair ????

Thanks Mick, I have trolled the south shore in the past with some success . I prefer to cast for the monsters. I find it a lot more exciting . What I was wondering was how the high water has changed the fishing?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks