Search results

1. Zingerman

Erie walleye with white tape worms

From my understanding of past research freshwater fish should not be consumed raw (something to do with parasites). Most salt water fish can be consumed raw (cervichi, etc). best to be safe than sorry.
  2. Zingerman

Walleye tomorrow at Burwell

what lead is required to get to 27'? do you think it runs that deep? cheers
  3. Zingerman

Fishing Report Nanticoke today.

Beautiful day out there on Sunday. As mentioned fish seem to be stacked deep with a few scattered throughout the column. Tougher bite as we boated 6 and lost a brute at the boat. Most of the fish came on 30 jets off big boards so while fish appeared deep the active biters came from high. worm...
  4. Zingerman

Off Topic This guy is fast.

Only complaint i have is there is some waste as he cuts the head off straight thru. My dad taught me to angle the first cut towards the head at a 45 degree angle and then head for the tail. He's fast.
  5. Zingerman

Fishing Report 31. Nanticoke

Was there last night and i didn't see any nets. Not to say they are not there just on my track south of the shoal.
  6. Zingerman

Change in Attitudes

VHF is always on and set to #16. If a fellow boater is in trouble you may be able to help. May be the difference between life and death. Move to 68 and ask for a quick report from the port you are fishing from. I have always had fellow boaters offer some information.
  7. Zingerman

Burwell Report and Fish Hawk Probe

After losing a couple of weights to kinked rigger wire i went to 250 pound braided line. That was 4 years ago. Haven't lost anything since. Would never use wire again.
  8. Zingerman

Dipsy Divers

If you are using deep diving body baits that will do it as well.
  9. Zingerman

Small Auto Pilot

I bought this used 2003 Campion a few years ago after I had did some research. Great boats in the rough water. Heavy fiberglass construction and at 21' it can be trailered anywhere. Highly recommended for fishing the Great Lakes.
  10. 2003 Campion.jpg

2003 Campion.jpg

11. Zingerman

Small Auto Pilot

Great job on the eyes and getting your kid out there. I had my 18 year old out last year in some rough water and he ended up driving the the 5 gallon plastic bucket for most of the trip:inpain:
  12. Zingerman

Chamberlin releases

I used mine for the first time last week. Oh what a joy! Great releases to say the least. I ran both the fixed (at the ball) and the slider 15 feet up from on both of my riggers. The beauty was being able to crank the rods right over into the water without tripping the release. Another benefit...
  13. Zingerman

Burwell fri nite.

Thanks for the report.
  14. Zingerman

Thursday July 12th

Your kids smile says it all. I found my experience with riggers on Erie isn't the best unless you trip your lines occasionally and let the bait work its way up thru the water column. It does get tiring but works plus you get to check the bait more often. I was out yesterday as well, 16 fish in...
  15. Zingerman

Another boat build!!

Cool!
  16. Zingerman

PHONE MONSTER

my son fed him 2 ice skimmers and a minnow scoop in the same day when he was 8 years old. and he wondered why he could play with my cell phone:eek:
  17. Zingerman

Fishing gadgets you wished existed? INPUT NEEDED!

I love my true trip divers (30s and 40s) and have good success with them. That said, the ability to fix a removable diver 100 foot back of the lure would increase fishing success for sure and allow you to fight the fish by itself for the last 100 feet. You would need the diver to be able to pull...
  18. Zingerman

Tell ya kids, tell ya wife, I'm looking for a west-coast style boat...

Campion is made in BC and makes a good boat (fiberglass).
  19. Zingerman

No more dragging fish around.

Thanks for the replies. Just ordered some Chamberlains. Will give them a go next year.
  20. Zingerman

No more dragging fish around.

When using braid how many twists do you need for the line to stay put? And has anybody ever used a rubber band half hitched to the line instead of twisting a loop onto the line. My thinking is that the rubber band could stay on the line and run thru the rod guides to the reel. Anybody ever try this?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks