Search results

1. spal

Back to the kindness of LPBayer's

So as I posted about my fishing trip on Feb 28/14 with my wife, I mentioned that the worst part of the trip was losing my ice fishing rod case with 5 rods in it off the back of the sled on the way back in. A big thank you to jamie of Jimmy Riggins Fishing Charters for finding my loss and they...
  2. spal

The right boots for the job

On yesterdays ice fishing trip, I had the pleasure of testing out a pair of Cofra Thermic boots and I must say I am impressed. The only thing worse than not catching fish out there is having cold feet. A rigid 100 percent metal free linerless boot that has plenty of traction, double polyurethane...
  3. spal

Feb 28 Ice Fishing report

The Wife and I went out of Old Cut yesterday at 7:00 am to try our luck at finding the perch again. Jimmy put us in a very roomy 6 hole hut about a half mile off shore in approximately 4 f.o.w. After settling in and setting up 4 poles with 4 different bait rigs, it wasn't long before I found...
  4. spal

Feb.15th ice fishing report

Headed out of Oldcut with Jimmy at 7:00 am , he put us in the farthest hut out (south side of Ec 10) in 11 f.o.w. We fished until 15:00 and not even a nibble after considerable effort trying to attract them. Jimmy showed up to check on us at 15:15 and by 15:30 he had the hut towed back to...
  5. spal

pics from the other side

heres some pics from yesterday at ec 10
  6. spal

Perch Fishing Today.

Went out with Jimmy Riggin, out by 7am just south of EC10 in 11 FOW. Slow starting by 11am started picking up caught 7 keepers 12-13 inches and fat. Winds were 56kms/hr and ice 16 inches thick. Overall great day considering recent activity. Had great experience with Jimmy Riggin, hut was plenty...
  7. spal

Sunday morning, St. Willys

Walked out from grangers to the miidle of the circle of huts first thing sunday morning, drilled 2 holes and fished from 8:00 am to 1:00pm, had a few bites at 11:30am, but didn't catch a thing, perhaps the east wind later shifting north had something to do with it. None of the people around me...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks