Search results

1. Bassassin

See all my freinds that I met or brought here on Ontario Fishing Communuty.com

It appears it has been made clear to me Stomp no longer welcomes me to participate here for some reason of which I really don't know, he has made me feel unwelcome via some recent communications. I will be on the Ontario Fishing Community.com, Old Ironmaker. See you later, it's really been a...
  2. Bassassin

Where is 70M of Hunter&Angler funds asks London MPP?

We talked about where is our money that is earmarked for Hunting and Angling go? MPP Jeff Yurek must read this forum. At least someone has started to ask where did it go. It's only $70,000,000.00. http://www.lfpress.com/2016/10/12/mpp-hunts-how-70m-in-anglers-fees-vanish
  3. Bassassin

Convince me not to tap out!

So here I am all week cleaning the boat, checking everything twice, changing line, organizing tackle, sharpening hooks like a razor and all the things you do to prepare oneself for a good fishing trip. This will be the second shot at going to LSC this month. And trying our luck for those now...
  4. Bassassin

Ohio Walleye hatch study news. Below normal year.

A bit of information on a Walleye hatch study out of Ohio. http://www.cleveland19.com/story/33297219/lake-eries-walleye-hatch-below-normal-this-year
  5. Bassassin

Towing boats to Bruce Thurs. 3 trees question?

The question is where exactly are they? I believe they are east of Bruce but exactly where I'm not sure. We looked for them once but weren't sure if was the 3 trees everyone targets. There are more than a few trees on that shoreline. We did get some nice big perch that day but not many numbers...
  6. Bassassin

Maybe the most athletic CFL play I have ever seen.

And I have seen a few. Tonight Montreal played in Hamilton. Duron Carter who has had some off field issues as of late was told he would play on Special Teams. Something he has never done in his Pro career. Some might call it a slap on the wrist to ask a "star" to suddenly play special teams. He...
  7. Bassassin

Is there an "App" for everything?

Watching CHCH right now, The young lady is showing an App that will unlock a keyless padlock and of course allow you to add users. A key is too difficult to carry around? I don't use Apps as I won't pay for Data Usage on my Motorola flip phone that barely fits in the glove box. I guess I better...
  8. Bassassin

Speaking of high winds! 230 KPH, nice breeze.

Just watching CBC news and they are reporting on a Typhoon that has hit Taiwan. 230 KPH hour winds, I can't imagine. The videos are amazing. There some nut bar is riding his little motor scooter down the road, the wind comes along stops him in his tracks and picks him and the bike up and throws...
  9. Bassassin

Where were you on September 11th 2001?

I know we don't get political here and this thread is not meant to be that. Only to remember those that lost their lives and those that survived the tragedy and with the utmost respect. "A date that will live on in infamy". That's what FDR said when addressing the nation after the Pearl Harbor...
  10. Bassassin

A few nice Smallies

Yesterday AM very early 07:00 until about 10:00 I was feeling well enough to take the boat out and took the 20 minute ride with my Brother and looked for some Bass right in front of our place. I was getting tired of watching guys (interlopers) catch my fish while I sit on my butt watching them...
  11. Bassassin

Wind this AM, Sat the 20th

Just looked outside 05:30, the wind is blowing from the south hard. Please be careful and if travelling out here to Nanticoke with a smaller boat maybe think twice. Whitecaps already.
  12. Bassassin

August winds, grrrr.

I don't see a single day this weekend and through the week it might be safe enough to venture out. over 30K Sat. Sun and up to 50KPH the rest of the week. The only bonus of August winds is that all the algae on the beach is gone. I can't wait until we head to Lake St. Clair next month. I'm...
  13. Bassassin

Security Alert on Micks post re: Lake temps

For what it's worth I received a severe security alert when I opened the thread Mick started about the Lake temps. Then I had problems typing then trying to get out of the page. @stomp anything to be concerned with? You know I don't know a bit from a byte.
  14. Bassassin

Musky charter ans accomodations for Lake St. Clair

I need to catch a fish, and what better than to catch a Musky. There was a Musky guy that chartered on LSC that went by the name of Handlebarz, He was very active on another forum but I haven't seen him there for quite some time. Anyone have a contact # because he would be my first choice if he...
  15. Bassassin

Lake condition Sunday Aug 14th 06:00

I can see out the window and here in the Selkirk/Nanticoke and the lake and wind is calm. I can't say what conditions are elsewhere but it sure looks fishable here at 6 AM. Good fishing and stay safe. Daiquiris' on the dock and water on the water.
  16. Bassassin

Our Olympic Golden Girl

16 year young Penny Oleksiak wins Olympic Gold for us in the 100 meter freestyle at the Rio pool tonight. And Gold was awarded to the US swimmer Simone Manual as well. A unheard of tie. And the first ever medal awarded to an African American swimmer. That makes 4 medals for Penny I think, Gold...
  17. Bassassin

A Lake St. Clair Musky query.

We are planning a Musky trip this fall to LSC. Were should we launch from and any Motels recommended there? I only have 2 Musky sized lures a huge Mepps spinner in chrome, red and gold beads with yellow hair and a large floating Rappala in Perch Fire Tiger. We panning on trolling with my...
  18. Bassassin

I got off the couch this Morning and got a few

So this morning winds looked good so we got on the lake at 07:00 and found these 3 in 75 feet of water. We got all 3 between 9 and 10AM. All 3 on 10 colours of Leadcore and all 3 on the same Reef Runner. South of 5 mile Nanticoke. I was home by 11:30.
  19. Bassassin

Why are these Commercial nets not marked better?

It's a pet peeve of mine. I know they are going to be there but for safety sakes why are they marked so poorly? Some seem to be just white Javex bottles. Especially in wavy conditions and when the nets are full one can hardly see them. Some have flags you can't see some don't. Any commercial...
  20. Bassassin

6 year old required rescue on Erie under watchful eye of Father

Another near tragedy. Read link please. What are people thinking? They aren't. http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/6722283-one-hour-two-water-rescue-calls-on-lake-erie/ I just watched a helicopter high tail it west very low along the shore, 02:15, Another rescue? I hope not.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks