Search results

1. Bic4d

Anything out of Maitland YET?

Your right Tboy the can is actually out of Colborne and is the weather buoy area, it sits in 85FOW and would be a 16 mile run from Maitland on a hard SE heading. As for Maitland there is no Can, you have the markers (Mohawk or Tecumseh) the fingers and then the drop off, it runs E / W from the...
  2. Bic4d

Off Topic Port maitland docks

Yes there in.
  3. Bic4d

Off Topic Securing your kicker

Sorry to hear about your loss, I have the Fulton Wesbar lock locking my kicker on, as well as its bolded to the kicker plate. Zosk I to live in Caledonia but my boat is at the cottage on Erie, will definitely keep my eyes and ears open. Cheers Bic
  4. Bic4d

Dunnville/Maitland launch recommendations

Maitland Early 5am 1st in usually and gone. On the other side of the river off Feeder Canal Rd. almost 100 yards north across from Maitland is another public launch. (again early, but also less of a gong show. There is also a trailer park (Maitland Shore) they have a launch. As for Austin's...
  5. Bic4d

Maitland Docks ?

Not in as of this morning:(
  6. Bic4d

Penn Warfare or Okuma Coldwater?

X2 on the Cold water 435DS and the 303DS, 435 is wire and 303's are on Dipsys and rigger rods. I also have the Diawa high speed reels with 10 colors and segregated, great for reeling in bait to check... But when others are on the reels I'm always telling them to take there time reeling, as I...
  7. Bic4d

Off Topic boat trailer brakes ?

Put a set of electric brakes on my single axle Easy loader trailer about 4 years ago and have had 0 issues... My boat is 18' Wellcraft CC and is more in the 3000 + lb range with all gear.... I have yet to replace anything and check them at the start of each season when checking the grease in the...
  8. Bic4d

Men fined $10,000 for walleye possession

CO was at ramp when I came in the other day, check catch and Lic. All good, then we were talking and he mentioned a huge fine an seizure coming in the news.... Wow some people think it'll never happen, well it seems to happen and always to the right dips..... (y)
  9. Bic4d

Fishing Report Found The Hogs

Decided to shorten my drive and try Maitland yesterday. Found the fish off the fingers. Six nice size Pic's with all hitting gold Ripplin Redfin on the bottom.
  10. Bic4d

Church TX-22 or Church walleye board

The 22"s are ok for pulling lite tackle smaller bait.... If you jump to the 44's you'll be able to run hot lips divers behind them or even run lead core.... 44's to me are a more versatile board with out going to a mast set up..... Cheers Bic....
  11. Bic4d

Double Willow vs Colorado blade harness

I make most of mine, I'll buy a color combo I like and if it's a single blade I'll buy extra blades and make a DBL blade harness and vise versa.... I have DBLs and TRPLs in similar colors and combo's so if there hitting the single I'll run another and if I don't have a single blade but a DBL...
  12. Bic4d

Couple quick trips...

Great report Jammer... Nice assortment there for your hard work...... Cheers Bic
  13. Bic4d

Nanticoke

I agree Wave Runner, Jammer and Foulhooker with limiting the details, cause I've had and heard (ON Hear and other Forums) to many times on both hands where the net boy's are all over a location, cutting off us long liners..... If you think they don't lurk on these forum's then put out your HOT...
  14. Bic4d

New to site: first year trolling for wallaye

I switched all my lead core set ups last spring to the Diwa 57B-plus reels (retrieval is almost 4' per turn) rigged on shimano talora lead core rods.... The combo of rod, large reel and handle make for a nice retreave when there's a fish on...... Not to mention you can crank them in pretty fast...
  15. Bic4d

Humminbird piranha max 170 transponder

Angling Outfitters is mainly a Lawrence dealer, try Proctor Marina they are a HB dealer and don't you mean transducer??? If so put it in water you should be able to hear it clicking, if so then it's working if not then it may need replacing...... Cheers Bic
  16. Bic4d

Elbow - Thursday Afternoon

Took Dad and his buddy out Thursday morning, we decided to hit Hoovers and head to my way point from last outing.... We weren't disappointed, fish where still all over with great bait holding 15 FOB, temp was the same..... Had 10 color off back 2 riggers a dipsy and 7 color set on an in line...
  17. Bic4d

Walleye - Elbow - Tuesday, Sept 1st

Decided to try my luck today on Erie as well, wasn't sure on Maitland or the Elbow before off to work...... Well ended up hitting Nanticoke just before sunrise, lake had a low lying fog... So took my time heading out, made it to 68 fow and set up, to troll to deeper water... Found good temp. In...
  18. Bic4d

walleye Aug 13 Nanticoke

Was out as well with a coworker and my dad, we fished 58-62 fow same area as last Friday... Though it took a bit to find the bait balls I'd seen last week.... But launched from Hoover's this week, last week was Dover because I wasn't sure about Hoover's... But I got to say they've done some nice...
  19. Bic4d

Hey high hopes , Terry (Bic4d) sorry can't remember your name after meeting last summer at...

Hey high hopes , Terry (Bic4d) sorry can't remember your name after meeting last summer at Bradfields... Anyway yesterday I took the wife to the Sand hills got 26 nice jumbos out of 50+ caught... Then trolled back in 58-60 fow and picked up 3 picks and had 2 knockoffs... Got 1 on 4 color lead...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks