Search results

1. J

HUMMINBIRD HELIX - SETTINGS???

Just installed my helix 7 chrip unit on my boat. What settings have you guys found work best for these? I am using the XNT 9 HW T chrip transducer
  2. J

MOOCHING ROD

Looking for recomndations on a rod to pair with a mooching reel to be used on down riggers
  3. J

TRANSDUCER MOUNTING LOCATION HELP

I am in the process of setting up a "new" to me boat. Going to be installing a Helix 7 2D sonar unit and am looking for some advice on transducer placement location. As you can see in the attached picture the previous owner had the skimmer mounted on the starboard side out towards the edge...
  4. J

NEW 2 ME WILKER GALAXIE 17

Hey guys I just purchased a late 80's Wilker Galaxie 17 foot with mercury I/O. Which is in immaculate condition. I will be adding a 9.9 merc 4 stroke kicker and plumbing it into the main tank. Looking for advice and any recommendations from those who have rigged these boats for fishing. -...
  5. J

ROD SET UP HELP FOR NEWBIE

hey guys new to trolling lake Erie. mainly troll with riggers for salmon and bows on lake Ontario and Huron, headed to Erieau at the end of July for a few days and looking to try my luck with some eyes and bows down there. 17 ft boat with two riggers on the back corners. looking to set up two...
  6. J

IN-LINE PLANER BOARD HELP

Hey guys looking for some advice on some set ups for planer boards. New to the lake erie walley game. Looking to set my boat up with a left and right inline board have two rods to set up would you recommend leadcore and or mono with snap / inline weights for this? also do some salmon fishing so...
  7. J

NEWBIE to burwell

hey guys my grandfather and a few family memebers are coming down to burwell this weeekend to do some fishing, just wondering if anyone can give us some advice as to where to go, we havnt fished the area a whole lot before, where are the sand hills and silver barns? how far out do we have to go...
  8. J

port burwell / port bruce accomidations

Hey guys looking to head down to erie to do some fishing the aug 23 weekend, does anyone know were a decent place to crash is? there will be 4 of us, any help/ advice is greatly appreciated.
  9. J

Looking To Come To Burwell

Hey guys i am planning a trip down to burwell area for a weekend with a few family members. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good spot to stay, are there any motels or what not with docks to stay at? any imput would be greatly appreciated thanks
  10. J

LEADCORE

Hey guys! new to the fourm loving it already! cant wait to get the season underway. I am looking to set up a pole with some lead. Im using a daiwa 47LC reel. what would you guys suggest be the best line set up. Id like to run this pole down on erie for eyes and also the odd trip out on big O i...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks