Search results

1. LadyInRed

PB pike out of Booths

Slow fishing this weekend but I got my PB pike and a pretty big perch so I'm happy. I'm hoping the ice holds out till next weekend, I want to go again!
  2. LadyInRed

Best places for walking out in Norfolk

I want to take my husband ice fishing locally for the first time. I usually go north and drive out on the ice, but of course this year is different. I've never ice fished on Erie before and I really want to. However St Williams doesn't really appeal to me due to the parking situation, the...
  3. LadyInRed

Fishing off Hastings beach?

I took a drive down Hastings this week and saw a few guys fishing from the rock wall and from a concrete ruin. Were they fishing for carp or cats? I would never have thought to fish there for anything, isn't it really shallow and flat? I'm very curious!
  4. LadyInRed

Turkey Point Channels

Are the channels in the town of TP zone 19 or 16? I looked on the legal boundaries map on ontario.ca/fishing but couldn't tell. I caught a nice eating size pike there and put it back because I couldn't figure it out. Logically, it should be 19. But it is the government so logic doesn't apply.
  5. LadyInRed

Fish N Chicks casting call

I know the Niagara is a bit out of the way for a lot of the anglers on this board but I will give it a shot. Fish N Chicks is an all new fishing show being filmed in the Hamilton Niagara region and features 2 awesome chicks learning all about fishing and the fishing industry in our area. The...
  6. LadyInRed

Casting Call for New TV Show

CASTING NOW - pro FISHING guides in Hamilton/Niagara region for a new, fun tv series about everything fishing! We're looking for experts who know the angles - their local waterways, their fish and have their own boat. Fishing charters ok too! If you have what it takes to teach 2 gals how to...
  7. LadyInRed

Auger Blades

I have a Rapala hand auger that is in it's 3rd season. I'm not a crazy avid ice angler so it hasn't seen a whole lot of use. How long should the blades last? They still feel sharp to the touch but I have been very hard on it(I lose the guard and I drop it a lot). I noticed yesterday that...
  8. LadyInRed

Solo Ice Fishing

I always fish alone and I am extremely nervous about heading out on Erie alone. I'd rather not, in fact. I prefer to stick to inland waters but therein lies the problem....I have shit luck. Waterford is very hit or miss and I'm tired of it. Some of the other spots I've tried were equally...
  9. LadyInRed

Carping

I caught a carp by accident last month and it was my first one ever. I was fishing with light gear for bluegills and got it on a worm and 6# line. The carp turned out to be 18 lbs!!! Since then I've been hooked on carping. They are a lot smarter than you'd think, and they put up a fight equal to...
  10. LadyInRed

LPBAA 15th Annual Bass Tournament

11. LadyInRed

Fresh Chrome to Start The Season

Ran some drifts in the river yesterday but nothing happening. I heard a tiny splash and noticed a trout rise to a fly and turn. Finally, a sign of some fish!! I tied on a chartreuse Joe's Flies spinner and on my second cast a big bow smashed it from behind a rock. He put up quite a fight and...
  12. LadyInRed

Ticks are out

Fishing the Lynn yesterday and I had two of the buggers on me and found one on my backpack. Ugh, I hate those things!!! They were dog ticks, not deer so at least there is that....but still....EWWWW!! I was talking to some other guys from around S.Ont and they are finding lots and lots of ticks...
  13. LadyInRed

East Wind?

Anyone ever have success fishing in an east wind? Personally, I find the bite shuts down and I don't even bother going out anymore when it's blowing from the east. I know it has more to do with barometric pressure and that the east wind usually brings changing weather, but it seems to me to be a...
  14. LadyInRed

OFAH Lake Erie Anglers Diary

I joined OFAH yesterday (yeah!!) and was browsing through the site when I found http://www.ofah.org/fishing/Angler-Diary I emailed the biologist in charge of the program and volunteered. The program consists of a log book that is mailed to you and you record what you catch, where and when...
  15. LadyInRed

Hay Creek

I drove by there today and saw that it was froze over. Does any one ice fish there? I doubt the ice is safe yet, but its something to keep in mind if its a fishable spot. Someone told me in the spring that there are crappies in there? I have no idea, I've never fished there. I don't even know if...
  16. LadyInRed

Anyone Doing Any Shore Fishing?

I'm back from up north where I had a great time bass fishing but now I am shore bound again and wondering where to fish. I know the water has been very warm this summer but I am hoping that the recent rain has cooled it some. I have access to the pier in Dover as well as Black Creek and parts of...
  17. LadyInRed

My First Bass Opener

Some friends took me to the Maitland River, near Goderich for bass opener. We waded down the river for 6 hours, each of us landing 50+ bass. Most were under a pound, but I did hook into a large one that nearly pulled me off my feet before snapping the line. Finally I landed a 3+lb smallie, the...
  18. LadyInRed

Dover Pier Perch

Well as I've said before, shore fishing this season has sucked. But the ticket to some success seems to be the evening bite. Last night in particular. With a SSW wind and a bit of a chop, the water was murky and the perch were on fire. They were hauling them in as fast as they could get minnows...
  19. LadyInRed

Museum Docks

I fished the pier yesterday but other than scads of minnows, it was dead as a doornail. Even ol' Iby gave up and went home. I went to the docks behind the museum and didn't catch anything till I switched to a floating jig and worm. There I caught some white perch, yellow perch and sheephead...
  20. LadyInRed

Lynn River

I was wondering if there are trout in the Lynn River. There used to be, and I've heard a few people mention fishing different spots on the river. I was thinking of fishing between Ivy's dam and Silver lake after opener. Anyone ever fish this area?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks