Search results

1. C

Port Bruce Yesterday

Made my second trip to Port Bruce Tuesday afternoon, As usual I was out for cats and they cooperated. I caught several big ones around 30", a couple a little smaller along with two huge Drum/sheephead, one over 30". One big cat got off just out of reach of my net and another unseen broke the...
  2. C

Port Bruce/Burwell marinas.

When do the marinas at Port Burwell and Port Bruce open for the season, and if open now (April 29), do they have bait for sale? Has anyone been out fishing from the piers there? Looking to get out ASAP.
  3. C

Season Opener

Went to Port Bruce Monday afternoon, once it had warmed up a bit, for Ist fishing trip off the pier. The creek was fairly clean but the lake was very muddy. Although sunny it was windy and chilly. Talked to a few other fishermen/women who were there and they hadn't caught anything. I tried...
  4. C

Pier Action?

Has anyone caught anything from the piers at either Port Bruce or Port Burwell? Looking to get out in the next few days to start off the new season. Do the marinas have bait for sale yet, minnows or worms? I prefer channel catfish, but any action will do to start things off. Also I'm open to...
  5. C

Fishing Report Out of Hibernation a little early this year

Excellent start to a new fishing season, congrats! I'll be coming out of hibernation myself this weekend. I'll be looking for some early season channel cats, at Port Bruce and Port Burwell.
  6. C

Spring time ride.

Took the trip to Port Burwell and Port Bruce Easter Monday, to check on conditions there. Water level seems to be down one to two feet. The lake was muddy, as was Big Otter Creek. Catfish creek was pretty clean. I was told a few catfish were caught in the lake off the clay banks. Didn't see...
  7. C

Spring channel cats.

How soon do the whiskered fish start showing up in Big Otter and Catfish creek? Have cabin fever, hoping for a warm up that lasts. Basesball is about to start, lets go Blue Jays, I'm hoping fishing does too!
  8. C

SCR walleye?

I'll be jigging from shore, maybe the murky water will bring them in closer. Usually if the guys and gals in boats are doing goog, the boot brigade are getting some too. Good Fishing!
  9. C

SCR walleye?

Any walleye action recently, from boats or from shore?
  10. C

seeking salmon

Only one boat fishing. He was using his electric trolling motor to move around. He was casting lures. Didn't see him catch anything. A few fishing in forefalls area, no fish. One said he caught only one earlier. I was there during the day. It rained at dark and overnight. It was slow last year...
  11. C

seeking salmon

Tried Port Dalhousie again Sunday. Fished spawn sacs and spoons. Nothing for me or others around me. Talked to local fisherman and the question is " where are the fish?" Saw a few jumping salmon and one brown trout. The lock doesn't seem to be working fully. Fast current on the north side...
  12. C

Sarnia trout?

Has anyone had any luck fishingfor trout or salmon by the Bluewater bridge from shore? Looking to maybe giving drift fishing a try soon. I'm guessing the current is too fast for float fishing, but maybe not. I'm thinking it should be OK, any thoughts?
  13. C

seeking salmon

I'll try Port Dalhousie this weekend, hoping for a late running salmon or early trout. I am guessing Lake Huron salmon have been unable to run up the low rivers and have died in the lake. Maybe cool weather and rain will call in the trout later. Has anyone ever had any luck with salmon or trout...
  14. C

seeking salmon

Went to Port Dalhousie on Saturday and tried for salmon there. Several locals and me fishing, saw two salmon caught, one brown, the other nearly black. I saw a few more still light in colour, siver with a bit of brown. While fish were jumping, non were biting. Most were tossing spoons. The one...
  15. C

seeking salmon

Yes. There is metered parking now. Bayfield is much better for fishing the rivermouth. I'm not into boating or wading further up the river where the Maitland is much bigger than the Bayfield river. I'll try Port Dalhousie and see if there are any salmon still there.
  16. C

Fishing Report St Clair River Dinosaurs

Maybe we fishermen should petition the MNR. Clearly Michigan has shown that there is a thriving sport fishery there. Clearly catch and release and barbless hooks would not hurt the fish.
  17. C

seeking salmon

Went to Goderich Monday to try pier fishing for salmon. Found no place for fisherman. Posted $225 fine near the salt mine, metered parking on public side off harbour. Won't be going there again. Went to Bayfield next. Pier easily accessible for fisherman. Beautiful weather, but no fish for me or...
  18. C

Fishing Report St Clair River Dinosaurs

WOW those sturgeon are awesome! The sturgeon in the St.Clair River are thriving and exist in good numbers. I with Ontario MNR would allow a catch and release fishery on our side of the river. How big were the channel catfish you caught?
  19. C

pier/shore fishing

I've been to the whirlpool a couple of times in years past. Not crazy about the hike back up, it's quite a workout. I'll probably try Port Dalhousie if I go that way.
  20. C

pier/shore fishing

Tried Bayfield for salmon Monday evening. saw a few jumping. Big ones probably Kings and saw small ones likely Coho. One small Coho caught from the pier. No biters for anyone else. One fisherman says he marked lots just out in the lake near the mouth on his sonar but couldn't get any to bite...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks