Search results

1. skamaniac

Off Topic What the best forums for Lake Ontario Grimsby to Niagara ,Lake Erie port colburne

I find stomps the most useful for Erie and Spoonpullers for Lake Ontario.
  2. skamaniac

Spark plug questions

You may be right re the water. I’ve seen plugs looking like that from engines with leaking head gasket.
  3. skamaniac

Old scopes

Not sure in general if they're all marked back then. Best to google your specific models and get the specs.
  4. skamaniac

Old scopes

Rimfire scopes are made with the parallax set for +-50yards for .22 as opposed to rifle scopes at 100+ yards. With your 3-9 scope on a rimfire focus may be an issue at close range and the issue will worsen with increased magnification power. If you're lucky enough to find an old rifle scope with...
  5. skamaniac

2 stroke ratio dilemma

There are certain 2 stroke oils that are more concentrated and can be mixed leaner to provide the same lubrication. Opti2 premix oil has its unique instructions on the bottle and for 50:1 is mixed more like 100:1. Opti also sells an injector oil that can be mixed at normal ratios. It’s very...
  6. skamaniac

Scope suggestions for .22 magnums

I paid around $300cdn shipped several years ago from 4scopes in the US but not sure they exist anymore. Mystic Precision is a Cdn dealer. You can also find used on kijiji eBay or gunnutz.
  7. skamaniac

Scope suggestions for .22 magnums

For a hunting rifle I suggest you spend your money on quality glass as opposed to extra magnification. A good 3-9 is perfect for hunting and not lugging a bulky scope around and should suffice at the range as well. I run a sightron sII 3-9x33 on my 17hmr and have no issues hitting crows within...
  8. skamaniac

skinny walleye/ nanticoke yesterday

I think you caught the better half of the Olsen twins. Best you got that out of the gene pool.
  9. skamaniac

Dipsy with walley diver

You can adjust the dipsy to release at whatever tension you would like. You may need to snug the screw up slightly compared to running a spoon, but I don't think it would be a problem to find the sweet spot. [url=http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac229/scamaniac/?action=view¤t=oldcamera074.jpg]
  10. skamaniac

Speed and temp

There are pros and cons to each manufacturer's product especially in the installation. I went with the cannon last season and have no complaints to date. Installation was straight forward. If you go with this unit be cautious of the length of coax cable supplied and the position you want the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks