Search results

1. B

Congratulations Dicker!

quote: Originally posted by rock_o Had a drake Mallard done by Mike. Didn't look the greatest. Kinda of looked like Beetle Juice with a shrunken head! Michael Keaton or animated? Pics? I'm kinda a closet BeetleJuice fan and I find it extremely intriguing that you draw that comparison.
  2. B

Ojibwa project area

I was down there this afternoon and I thought the same thing! I find there is usually a decent amount of water from there to the end of the pier so dredging required would be minimal. Burwell has WORLD CLASS fishing so why not have a half decent port?
  3. B

perch port bruce

Under 2 miles. You should be under power for about 5 minutes.
  4. B

What a ride this would be!

So does that mean you won't take me and my dear old grandma perch fishing this afternoon? I was just about to call... :P
  5. B

Tuesday September 4 Port Burwell perching

Finally talked the old man into going perch fishing. Loaded up the boat and headed down to burwell to see how rough it was. Lake looked really flat, the old man has been known to chum the lake a time or two, so that meant it was a go. Unfortunately both places were closed, so we couldn't get...
  6. B

Burwell tomorrow?

It is around 17 miles down to Hastings.
  7. B

Perch # 10,000

quote: Originally posted by icefisherman Now, I was looking forward to that magic number Dave:) Now you'll have to retire for the season as the next mark 100,000 will be tougher to get8D Cheers, Ice Fisherman Don't tempt the man...
  8. B

Advice on using Leadcore

What speed are you running at? Leadcore is incredibly speed sensitive. The faster you go the higher it runs in the water column. I am stunned that you have been running leadcore all summer and haven't caught any eyes on it. Put a 20# swivel on it, throw out a greasy chicken spoon and you...
  9. B

Walleye at Burwell winding down?

quote: Originally posted by icefisherman Thanks guys, report will follow for sure at the end of the trip Sunday/Monday...may even manage to post one before that if I find wireless connection at Burwell... Cheers, Ice Fisherman I believe the east beach in burwell has wireless.
  10. B

CANCELLED Pt Bruce Walleye Tournament Aug 11

That's too bad it has to be cancelled, it is a well run/organized tournament and North Erie does an excellent job hosting it. Would there be any chance there would be a wind date next year? I think this is something that a lot of people look forward too and I know I am really disappointed that...
  11. B

quote: Originally posted by dwnriggn Where did u see light winds for Sat morning, all my weather sites are calling 30-35k South to south west winds friday night into Sat morning At that particular moment in time environment canada was predicting light winds. Clearly all of that changed in...
  12. B

Light winds in the morning...
  13. B

Burwell Aug 12

Sorry the previous response was so brief, posted it on break at work. I didn't even fish shallower than 58-59 fow, so I can't comment on that nor did I pay attention to water temperature. Caught fish on both dipsy's and lead core. 5 colour with shallow diving lures caught 4 eyes, 8 color and...
  14. B

Burwell Aug 12

Out of burwell this am, 8 eyes, 4 bows. Either is good.
  15. B

dipsy problem

17 lb braid is a little light for my liking, I would use 30 lb minimum (I and many others use 50 lb). On a 3 setting it should go out to the side, but not a crazy amount. Try letting it out the back of the boat 50' and see if the line is running away from the center of the boat. When you are...
  16. B

amateur launch

Big props for wanting to learn how to make life smooth at the ramp. Hopefully this concept will become popular and others will follow your lead! If it is the backing up that slows you down you can practice that in an empty corner of a parking lot. Try to get used to using your mirrors as much...
  17. B

Burwel mon aft

Yup, always run snubbers, the bows will wreak havoc on your spread, there just isn't any give to it without them.
  18. B

Pt. Bruce Aug 6th SLA walleye tourny

Results are up! http://www.straitlineanglers.com/SLA_LakeErie_Walleye/2011_SLA_LakeErie_Walleye_Tournament_Results.htm
  19. B

Rapalas, Worm Harnesses& Erie Dearies

If you really want to fast track the learning curve your best bet is to go out with Walleye Obsession or Jimmy Riggin' again. Now that you have some experience you will be able to better understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.
  20. B

Popular Spoons

+3 for AO, great prices, AMAZING customer service!
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks