Search results

1. A

Off Topic Charter recommendation Ft. Lauderdale end of January ?

Taking grandkids on a cruise end of January .Staying in Ft Lauderdale for a couple days and would like to take the young fella out fishing on the ocean. Any charter recomendations ?
  2. A

Any smelt yet ?

I know it's a little early but with the warmer winter and little ice cover wondering if anyone has seen any smelt yet ?
  3. A

Self inflating life jacket

Does anyone have any experience with self inflating life jackets ? Recommendations on type and brand ? I sometimes find myself out fishing alone and regular pfd's are miserable when it's hot. The alternative could be worse though.
  4. A

Cabelas sale on fish finder

Ok so I got my new 94SV yesterday and unboxed it today. I was super excited until I saw that it had the GT54 Transducer rather than the GT56 as I was expecting. Question : should I worry about it ? Will it make any real difference?
  5. A

When did you order ? I ordered on 12/27 and haven't heard a thing yet. Poor UPS guy must think I'm stalking him.
  6. A

Yeah me too, been waiting on one for a while. Now just waiting on the courier. For anyone that has one how do they perform at speed say 15 -20 mph ? I realize a lot has to do with boat configuration and transducer mounting. Also is the Active Captain easy to use for a old guy ? I bought the...
  7. A

Erie Winds

Looks all you have to do us make it to the middle of the lake.
  8. Screenshot_20210715-211544_Windfinder.jpg

Screenshot_20210715-211544_Windfinder.jpg

9. A

Going to Glasgow

You didn't miss anything today boys. Gave her a go west of Pt Stanley , dirty out to 40 and milky to 50. Too rough for me with a 16'. 3 hours and nothing worth talking about.
  10. A

Costa Rica Quepos Fishmasters Sportfishing Report

Thx Wave Runner I'll call him tomorrow.
  11. A

Fishmaster are you still fishing in Costa Rica ? We're going back down again this year and staying near Quepos. I'd like to speak to you about a few charters and hous rentals if you have any contacts.
  12. A

Fishmaster , tried calling but my Spanish is crappy and I couldn't understand the message. Call me at 2637 7496. We did go yesterday and got 3 sails and 12 yellowfin tuna between 3 of us could have caught a 100 tuna if we wanted. Interested in going again on Tuesday.
  13. A

Fishmaster , leaving for CR Wednesday AM and have a villa rented at Los Suenos resort. It's a fair distance to Quepos and don't want to travel. Can you recommend anyone from that area for a couple low key charters for 3 maybe 4 people ? We'd also like to do a couple bottom fishing trips as well.
  14. A

New subject

Has anyone fished down there ? Is it worth bringing a small rod and fishing from a paddle boat or a small sail boat on the reef ? How about Charters ? Is it worthwhile or more of a boat ride like Cuba.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks