Search results

1. MichaelLudwig

new to hunting

I think the 300 meter rule applies to "emergent vegetation" not shoreline.
  2. MichaelLudwig

A friendly hello!

If I had to guess ... west of here by about 1,000 or 1,500 miles ... LOL
  3. MichaelLudwig

end sunday hunt?

@Ingold Archery ... you are correct. In the Migratory Birds Convention Act, each zone throughout North America is allocated "x" number of days per season-year for migratory bird hunting. These days can be split up, but cannot exceed the total number of days for the zone. The allocation of the...
  4. MichaelLudwig

end sunday hunt?

Could also go with a two colored license/stamp system ... one color for those not hunting Sunday's and opting for the extra goose season, and one color for those hunting Sundays and giving up the extra goose season. Waterfowlers are honest aren't they :)
  5. MichaelLudwig

moose hunting survey

Puddle Jumper, that link is for your own hard drive. If you want a link or a hyperlink you need to take it right from the website, not the stored version you have on your desktop.
  6. MichaelLudwig

Dove Decoys

Not that I make a habit of defending Canadian retailers, but in Canadian Waterfowler's case, they're simply making products available to you here in Canada that typically are not available, and not really making a whole lot of money at it I suspect. When you add up the cost of product to him...
  7. MichaelLudwig

tundra swan hunt

In the interest of making an informed decision, what's the downside of a Tundra Swan season ... regardless of whether it's a tag only season or not?
  8. MichaelLudwig

One more thing for the duck hunter that has everything else ...

http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/2014-special-edition-duck-commander-chevy-silverado-1500/?utm_source=hwt&utm_medium=email&utm_content=04-07-2014&utm_campaign=HWT&ust_id=7ba4f6e3ac Personally I'm a Ford guy, but for those of you that are vehicularly challenged ... LOL
  9. MichaelLudwig

GoPro Video from December Deer Hunt

Are those the new ones they just came out with in 2013?
  10. MichaelLudwig

Maybe those Hornady's are simply too fast to be stable. I thought it was just me, but now that I think back on it, I had quite a bit of dificulty sighting both my 12 ga, and 20 ga using Hornady's. Well, off we got to the gunstore again to load up on Remingtons and Winchesters ... LOL
  11. MichaelLudwig

hahaha ... Yea, you sure know you've touched something off when you trip the trigger on one of those Hornadys ... 2,000 FPS at the muzzle ... downright cruel with a short barrelled shottie ... LOL And ... that really is one beautiful buck :)
  12. MichaelLudwig

Lake Erie Ice as of Jan. 9th

Guys, guys, guys ... you have to be politically correct now!!! It's not winter anymore, it's Polar Votexex (Vortices?), and Arctic Domes .... LOL
  13. MichaelLudwig

@Jwalsh ... I have the same setup, except I use Hornady sabots, but I have had a bugger of a time sighting it in. What distance did you sight yours in for?
  14. MichaelLudwig

haun unit

No kidding ??? You're probably this poor government fellows job that he is not doing in the first place ... LOL
  15. MichaelLudwig

haun unit

The Haun is a pretty cool place. Some of my first duck hunts took place there ... some 30+ years ago ... LOL Perhaps with the causeway rehab it will regain some of its former glory. I wish you luck and good fortune with your rebuild project. Wish I had the time to do some myself.
  16. MichaelLudwig

haun unit

Just remember it is a public place and although most who know what you did will respect your work, anyone who gets there before you can use it and you have no right to ask them to leave.
  17. MichaelLudwig

Finishing my north american wild turkey slam

It's a loooong way between people out there for the most part :)
  18. MichaelLudwig

Finishing my north american wild turkey slam

Just got back from a waterfowl trip in McLennan, Alberta. I asked the outfitter about turkey hunting in Alberta and was told by the guides there are lots of turkeys in southwestern Alberta. Only problem is that a turkey call is just as likely to attract a grizzly as it is a turkey ... LOL...
  19. MichaelLudwig

Peace River Area Duck Hunt - McLennan, Alberta - September 2013.

There we were, six against thousands, and when the guns were quiet and the smoke cleared ... there was not one dead duck on the ground ... LOL ... And so began our adventure of waterfowling in the Peace River country in northern Alberta. Unless you have been there, you would not believe the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks